PDA

View Full Version : AL SUI ER is not calculated correctly

herman
07-25-2001, 08:50 AM
We've installed the tax update as well as updating the tax table. Specifically, the AL SUI ER 00 has PERCENT = 0.35 (which calculated correctly through the year 2000). Now we have updated to AL SUI ER 01 with PERCENT = 0.60, but Peachtree is still calculating on the 0.35 percent basis and not on the new basis of 0.60. We cannot find the reason. Any ideas and help?

Unregistered
07-25-2001, 09:29 AM
Check to see if the tax table AL SUI ER 01 is in both the company and global tax tables. I think Peachtree will use the company tax table first if the tables have the same name. Perhaps the percent = .35 in that table.

Lamar
07-25-2001, 10:42 AM
I'm in Prattville. My SUI is working properly with v8.0. I tested changing it to .6 and it made the new calculations. I'd be glad to talk through our formula with you over the phone (since we're just across the river) 365-3375... ask for Lamar.

asphelpdeskinc
07-25-2001, 10:58 AM
When you say that Peachtree is calculating at the old rate, do you mean in the paychecks themselves and the resulting post to the general ledger? Or - is it calculating with the old rate in the payroll tax reports?

If it is in the tax reports, Peachtree looks to see what "payroll year" you are currently in. You can find this by going to TASKS - SYSTEM - CHANGE ACCOUNTING PERIOD. Look at the bottom of this screen and it will say "Current Calendar Year: 2000". If it is 2000, then this is what the system is using to calculate for the report. Assuming you don't need to get back into 2000 again to run W-2's or 1099's, you can close your payroll year. This should fix the problem.

Reminder: Backup, Backup, Backup (Can't say this enough!)

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com