PDA

View Full Version : Item I.D. Not Showing on Co. Invoice or Screen

hsberry
02-05-2002, 08:30 PM
We are running Peachtree-DOS, Ver 11 on XP and ME workstations. Our server is running NT 4.0. We tried to use Classic Ver. 12 but went back to DOS in full-screen because the Classic ran so slowly! Every thing seems to work well after we removed the print drivers and defaulted solely to Peachtrees built-in printer configuration. We had to glean this info on our on as Peachtree tech support couldn't help us... yet they charged us!

On our company invoices, however, the Item ID line doesn't show up, only the description line on both the screen and printed invoice. We print a Standard Invoice at the same time too, but through Lpt3 on the same computer but on a separate yet identically branded printer. On the Standard Invoice both both lines are shown - the Item ID and the Description.

Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated. And if someone knows why Classic runs so slowly we'd consider trying it again. We read an article discussing the known problem has something to do with "file locks" but without a fix being offered. We're not running anti-virus programs on any of these machines.

johnp900
02-06-2002, 12:13 PM
have you customized an invoice & changed the ID print data field? I am running classic 12 on an NT server with 5 win98 workstations & 1 ME workstation & the speed is fine. I've been told that some DOS info has been left out of XP & ME and that's why PT doesn't run well on those machines. Contact me at johnp900@yahoo.com & I can give you a person who can help.

hsberry
02-06-2002, 12:56 PM
We got the Item ID / Description issue resolved through Maintain Customized Document that was pointed out to us by Peachtree. Thank you for your input too. This forum most beneficial to those of us who resent waiting on the phone for wayyyyyyyyy too long!

Thanks also for the offer to put us into contact with a person knowledgeable in speeding up Classic running under XP and ME. Since we'll lose the ability to use PDQ my staff isn't ready to abondon VER. 11 yet. Thanks anyway.

Stan Berry

johnp900
02-06-2002, 06:24 PM
you won't lose PDQ in classic 12. If you know how to use PDQ & like 11, you REALLY need to contact me. johnp900@yahoo.com

jag
02-06-2002, 06:41 PM
PDQ is still available on Peachtree Classic v12.

Why you will lose the ability to use PDQ ?

hsberry
02-06-2002, 08:07 PM
I read in the Classic product description that add-ons for Ver. 11 would no longer work in Classic. Maybe I assumed that that included PDQ. It obviously didn't, huh?

Stan

jag
02-07-2002, 04:00 AM
As you found out PDQ is not an add-on, because it comes with Peachtree

Go and see for yourself:

Peachtree Comparison Chart Between Classic and DOS (http://www.peachtree.com/dos/html/compare_dos12.cfm)

HIH

hsberry
02-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll put the Classic back on the XP Pro machine in my office.... since I'm not important to the bookkeeping effort. If I can conquer the slowness by using full screen and the fine tuning techniques mentioned in several posts, we'll migrate back to it.

Stan

hsberry
02-08-2002, 09:32 PM
My retry of 12 under XP-Pro didn't last long. I could not get it to run with the speed necessary for the retry to be practical. In fact after opening the program and getting the main menu up we selected to open AR... it took 50 seconds. Once open you could do several things rapidly, but closing that module and opening another took another 50 seconds. UNBELIEVABLE!

All the environmental issues were either done or checked for having been done in the Config.nt file. Folks, regardless of statements made by Peachtree to the contrary and by some on this forum, Classic and XP-Pro (and XP-Home) were not made for each other. A patch or complete rework is in order and certainly needed.

Thank you guys for trying to assist me, but life is too short and Ver. 11 under 98; ME; DOS; 95; and XP works too well for me spend anymore time fooling around trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear! Hopefully, Peachtree will admit to and correct the deficient issues currently within Classic. When they do we'll take another look at it. Right now however, I'm going to stand in line and try to get my money back.

Stan Berry

johnp900
02-08-2002, 09:51 PM
I hate that the info I sent did not work but I understand your frustrations. I know this is not a cure for a problem but I discovered that instead of closing modules & opening others, just open ALL you need at once & toggle back & forth. Remember, this is what windows is supposed to be made for. I sometimes have PT opened on 4 or 5 screens on workstations & have not run into any data write problems. Also, check out WWW.SKS-CONSULTING.COM in Dallas. They have provided me with some solid information & don't always seem to worship the great VISA god...