PDA

View Full Version : How is a return handled?

Jesinia
07-26-2001, 07:10 AM
Being new to Peachtree I have another question. How are returns of merchandise handled? I need to be able to credit/debit the account the sale was made to and also calculate the tax to be returned. There is an Inventory Adjustment screen to put the item back in Inventory, but how do I print a receipt for the customer and handle the "money" that was given back?

Thanks for the help.

Lamar
07-26-2001, 08:21 AM
In our office I would prefer that a credit memo be issued for the return of inventory. This gives a paper trail of the event and would go in all the necessary paper files.

Tasks>Sales/Invoices, then enter all necessary information. Just think of it as a negative sale. Especially for inventory items, be sure to use a negative number for the quantity and not for the sales price. This returns the items to inventory when the invoice(credit memo) is posted and adjusts all necessary sales related accounts (sales, cost of goods, sales tax...)

To issue a check against this credit memo takes a couple of steps. Search your help index under "Credit Memos", then select "for customers". The help file gives detailed step by step instructions for you.

Hope this helps.

Lamar:D

Jesinia
07-27-2001, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the response. What you say seems logical to me. I will try it out. Thanks a lot.