PDA

View Full Version : Data Access?

jkraeger
02-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Is there any way to access peachtree data externally via another application or report writer? Or do I need to export the data to text with PDQ.

If PDQ is my only option does anyone know where the PDQ books can be purchased?

Thanks!

bluegal
02-13-2002, 07:15 AM
What kind of information are you trying to pull?

jag
02-13-2002, 08:25 PM
I believe that PDQ is your only option to work with Peachtree DOS/Classic data outside of the program itself.

Also, I think the peachtree manual has some useful instructions about using PDQ. I got to check that in my office. Do you have a copy of that manual?

PDQ is very easy to use and you don't really need to know much in order to use it correctly.

But, if you need more help tell us what are you trying to do and what version of Peachtree are you using.

HIH,

pmarie
04-07-2002, 05:49 PM
please don't laugh...........I am using peachtree for windows release 3.5...........had upgraded several times and just got lazy and have not purchased new software recently.

My ? is............is it possible to import files via my old, old puter which has windows 3.11?

I recently added teh 3.5 version to my new puter.......and am unable to open my existing company via a floppy disc.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Pmarie

pmarie
04-07-2002, 05:54 PM
oh and also,.............when I try to open it from a............it only wants to open in my media player.........do u think I need to find someone with windows 95 and then convert it there first........before jumping to windows me>?

Pmarie

jag
04-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Frankly I don't understand your message correctly.

What you are trying to do? Upgrade from PAW v3.5 to PAW 2002 (v9)?

If that's what you want to do, this is what I recommend:

1) Make a Company backup with your Win 3.11 computer and PAW v3.5 Software

2) Install PAW v3.5 in the new computer (which needs at least Win 95, preferably Win98, 2000 or XP).

3) Upgrade PAW v3.5 to PAW v7 (you cannot upgrade directly to 2002)

4) Upgrade PAW v7 to 2002 (v9)

If you need any help let us know. By the way, this is the Peachtree DOS/Classic Forum, for better results you should be posting in the Peachtree Accounting / Complete Accounting Forum.

Also, What's with all the dots (.........) ?????

HIH