PDA

View Full Version : a/p check format design problem

dauber
07-26-2001, 03:00 PM
I am trying to fix a 2 stub multi purpose check design. Due to the order numbers being ramdomly used throught the design feilds would print or not depending on how many invoices were being paid. I have put the order number is a sequence very much like the stock design in Peachtree. Now it is consistant, but the description field on the bottom stub does not print and data (the top does). Any clues? I have found no help in any literature. Not even a book just on formating reports.

Baytek
07-26-2001, 03:37 PM
The missing data from the bottom stub is usually due to "commands" in the order. If you edit your design, right click on an empty spot in the design window, select ORDER.

You will see the order the data, text, shape fields print. In addition, you will see "command". This tells Peachtree to read the next record in the file and print the data. If the commands are not consistant or there are two "read" commands together, you can actually skip a record or field of data.

If you edit the pre-defined a/p check form (the one that came with Peachtree) and look at the order, you can see how the commands should be placed in the order.

You can print out the order if you are on version 7 or higher.

For more information, email support@baytek.com.