View Full Version : eMAIL OF INVOICES

barry
07-27-2001, 08:45 AM
WE are now required to sent invoices to large companies by eMail

any suggestions

thanks

Baytek
07-27-2001, 01:28 PM
Currently, Peachtree Complete Accounting for Windows is not designed to email invoices.

You can export specific invoice numbers from the Sales Journal and email the exported file as an attachment. You can also create macros in Excel and using dynamic data exchange, re-create the invoice in Excel. Once the Excel file is saved you can email the file as an attachment.

For more information, email support@baytek.com.

asphelpdeskinc
07-27-2001, 09:57 PM
I have a client who has been emailing invoices for about 3 years. I set up an invoice in form design and selected the printer to be the Adobe Acrobat Writer. It creates a PDF document which they attach to email. Adobe reader is a free download and most people already have it. They would have to buy the Adobe Acrobat software to be able to create them though.

Other methods I have used are to insall a TIF, PCX, BMP, GIF or other similar driver.

Here is the link to download free Acrobat Reader
:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

Linda Vidal
07-28-2001, 06:38 AM
While the Adobe Acrobat pdf writer is not free you can still create pdf files using a work around. Do a search for "Free PDF". There is an entire website devoted to this topic. It takes about 20 minutes to set up but is worth it. Sorry I don't have the url available but it should be easy to locate.

Good luck.

barry
08-01-2001, 12:23 PM
It sounds like the PDF format would be easy.

but for some reason i can not find the place to modify the invoice form to use the pdf printer.

asphelpdeskinc
08-01-2001, 03:55 PM
I personally would make a new invoice form by going into form design for your existing invoice, making the printer change, and saving it as a new name - something to indicate it prints to pdf.

In version 7 the change is made in Options - Format - Printer

In versions 8 & 9 (2002) the change is made in Setup - Printer

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

Robert Walraven
08-01-2001, 06:39 PM
You probably don't want to send invoices as an attachment to email because everyone is leary of opening attachments these days. It would be better to encorporate the invoice in text form directly into the body of the email message.

barry
08-07-2001, 01:25 PM
This sounds like the best way to put invoice directly into the eMail but any idears oh how to get the data from peachtree to the eMail form

thanks

Robert Walraven
08-09-2001, 06:10 PM
Because you wanted it so badly we have just added this feature to the next release of PawCom. On the new Sales/Invoice form you can pull up an invoice and click a button to send a text version of the invoice to the clipboard. You can then go to your favorite email tool, do a paste and you are ready to email the invoice. The only caveat is that the invoice must be displayed with a proportional font such as Courier New so that the columns line up properly.

You can download a demo of the next release by going to http://www.multiwareinc.com/pawcom.htm and see how the email feature works. (This assumes you have MS Access.)

Lazar Keitelman
09-02-2003, 06:45 PM
You can Now email quotes, invoices etc. via PAW 2004!!!! It uses Adobe PDF!!!

However, I don't email from Peachtree, because Best Software so filt to make the email format completely unflexable so what I do is this: Once the dialogue box opens up, rather then send I use "SAVE AS" and create a PDF file ins a seperate folder (under that clients name) close it, then send the PDF as a standard email attachment! Neat!

Diane Koers
09-02-2003, 10:10 PM
There is also a wonderful, very inexpensive program called PrintPak 602 that lets you print any form or report to either a PDF or directly in an email. No cutting, pasting or attachments. I use it quite a bit and find it works quite well. It also uses your regular email program (Outlook, Outlook Express etc) so you can select from your address book.

www.602software.com

PT2004 now also lets you email forms, but it doesn't let you email reports. Also, it's limited in that you can only email the form to the person you have stored in the Maintain Customer or Maintain Vendor email block.

davidjw4
09-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Hello,

I've found a program that might fit the bill. Check it out at:

C:\Program Files\pdfMailer standard\start.htm

jcnixon
09-10-2003, 11:12 AM
I found a free program at www.pdffactory.com It creates a pdf printer on your computer, then you can chose that printer to print your invoice and it automatically converts the invoice into a pdf document that you can email. It's a great program!

Jan

ja231
09-30-2003, 08:06 AM
You can install a file - printer driver -i.e Zprinter30.exe - search for it. It will allow you to send the invoice to an image. If you don't find it let me know.

James Abdul
Globaltech Ltd

SK Wong
09-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen

There is an email function in most of the Peachtree 2004 program.
Will this solve all the troubles ?

Best regards
SK Wong
Sept 30 2003