PDA

View Full Version : PT Questions

Joyce
07-30-2001, 06:27 AM
Good Morning,

I have a QuickBooks style check format (check on top and two stubs below it) and would like to use the rest of my stock before ordering new checks. Does anyone have a template for this? I would really appreciate any help on this.

I have two more questions. Why, when I delete a transaction -say an invoice in the A/P, the change will show up in the Trial Balance & General Ledger, but not on the A/P reports themselves (i.e. A/P Aging report). I noticed the same problem with the A/R. Invoices that I deleted still show up in the A/R Aging Detail. Is there any way to remove these? I have tried everything I know with no success.

My last question is about removing a deposit. When I entered my beginning balances for the month ending 6/01 (my Quickbooks ending balances), it included a deposit that I mistakenly entered again for the 7/01 period. The amount is in there twice. I tried to delete it the way the book explained (edit, chose the transaction, delete it and then delete the associated A/R invoice). When I try to delete the deposit, a message pops up saying that the deposit is not associated with a valid invoice number. The problem is that the invoice is valid. When I look at the G/L it's all there. I can pull the invoice up and look at it but I can't change anything on it because the deposit has to be deleted first. Do you have any other suggestions on how I can remove this transaction? Again, I have tried everything I know.

I would really appreciate your help on this. I am new to Peachtree (former QuickBooks Pro 99 user). I love the software but have a long way to go.

Thank you very much for reading.

Joyce
New York

riscniaga
08-02-2001, 08:00 PM
sorry i do not have a template for your checks.

i am not really sure the real cause for your problems, but the following may help to solve the problem of the funny invoices.

for sales invoices, you can try to "void" it, instead of deleting it.

for purchase invoices, you will still need to delete it. if the purchase invoice was created through beginning balances, then you need to delete it from there.

if all else fails, then zerorise the AR and AP invoice by putting zeros / blanks in the invoice fields - then you can create a zero receipt / payment to apply against the invoice.

if you can't delete the receipt, then try to zerorise the receipt and save.

hope that helped.