PDA

View Full Version : PT 7.0 Multi-user same company problem

Unregistered
07-31-2001, 08:13 PM
Hello All,

I was wondering if it is possible for 2 users on a network setup to access the same company at the same time. For instance, we would like to add vendors at one workstation and print payroll at another. Or do we need to move up to the PT2000 ($2000) software to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Gary Wolfe

riscniaga
08-02-2001, 08:14 PM
yes.

for 2 users to use, you need to install peachtree such that the setting for the data file point to the same peachw folder on the network. this will allow the 2 users to update the same files.

also for 2 users to use simultaneously, officially, you need to have 2 copies of peachtree complete accounting, or 1 copy of the multi-user pack ($599).

unofficially, i have installed peachtree accounting on several computers to share the same folder - and they were able to work simultaneously as well (but not on the same task).

Unregistered
08-03-2001, 05:37 PM
Thanks for your reply.

We have the multi user version, at least that is what is printed on the outside of the shipping box. I can open any company on the host computer except for the company that the host has already open. Do I need to close the company on the host and access from a third computer? Maybe we don't have the multi-user version after all.

We are using identical computers running Win2k. We have used up about $300 of official factory peachtree 'help' to no avail--very discouraging! We actually purchased this multiuser upgrade (from V4 I think)some while ago directly from Peachtree.

asphelpdeskinc
08-05-2001, 08:18 AM
You state in your last post that you purchased the multi-user version directly from Peachtree and that it was an UPGRADE.

When you installed and converted, did you put in a NEW serial number and registration??

If not, call the registration phone number listed in the manual and give them your serial number. THey will give you an unlock code for that product.

Within the program, go to HELP>PEACHTREE REGISTRATION and key in your NEW serial number and NEW registration.

Try it again. It should work.

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

P.S. - While you have the registration people on the phone, verify that you do indeed have the multi-user version.

asphelpdeskinc
08-05-2001, 08:21 AM
Assuming what I posted in my previous response works:

You also stated that you called Peachtree support and spent about $300 to get nowhere. Call them and speak to a customer service rep. Since you purchased a multi-user upgrade directly from them to a previous version, and this was not one of the first things they questioned, I would ask for the support money back!

Jim Ronson

Unregistered
08-05-2001, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the advice!

We have received and entered in codes from Peachtree support and have even received registry files by e-mail from them. I have installed and uninstalled the software numerous times. I don't think that the software is properly fully uninstalling however. Also, the setup program sometimes fails to work when installing if network is chosen. I wonder if it possible that I have a bad disk or if it is simply a Win2K incompatibility? Has anyone out there been able to get V7.02 running this way?

At any rate I'm going to try one more time using your advice!

Thanks

Gary Wolfe

Unregistered
08-10-2001, 05:09 PM
Eureka!

Got it running! It turns out that another program that happened to be installed on both machines was conflicting with Peachtree V7. I sure appreciate the support form this forum.

Thanks

Gary Wolfe

asphelpdeskinc
08-10-2001, 05:13 PM
What was the program that caused the conflict?

Jim Ronson

Unregistered
08-12-2001, 04:09 PM
It is called DBA from DBA Software. Apparently it may use some of the same database or other dll's (?) as Peachtree. We plan on switching to DBA in the near future as it supports manufacturing better. We really wanted to run both on the same computer for ease of data entry.

Gary Wolfe