PDA

View Full Version : Installation Help

CLiffC
07-31-2001, 08:57 PM
As a favor to my wife's small school, I got stuck with installing a Win2000 network. They are upgrading from Peachtree DOS V10 to Classic and I find the installation instructions to be very lacking.

Here is what I have...peer to peer network to start since only 2 users need access. Installed on origional workstation that has origional data files...no real problems.

Now installing on other workstation. Can not for the life of me get access to the data files on workstation #1. Went through the pcadata garbage but all I get is error message that the path is incorrect when I try to open GL, AR........

Any suggestions? I think I need a drink.

CliffC

Unregistered
08-01-2001, 05:34 AM
Download this from the Peachtree site: http://www.peachtree.com/support/classic/html/15926.cfm

Load the Peachtree program on Workstation #2 just as you did on Workstation #1. Forget the pcadata "garbage" you mentioned.

Ignore the subst F instructions. Make sure the PCA folder on Workstation #1 is shared. Then connect to that drive with Workstation #2 as F: (or whatever). Then your Peachtree data location on Workstation #2 is F:\xxgldata, F:\xxapdata, F:\xxardata, etc (where xx=your company abbreviation).

An easy way to fix the data location on Workstation #2 is by running the DOS program "Utilba.exe" found in the PCA directory.

Good luck!

CLiffC
08-07-2001, 08:39 AM
Sorry to take so long to give feedback....the info worked great and now I'm the hero once again.

Cliff