PDA

View Full Version : Sales Backordered Items

ww-west
03-08-2002, 02:17 PM
I am not a Peachtree user yet. I am inquiring about how Peachtree treats sales backordered items. For example: a customer places an order for 5 widgets but I only have 3 so, I show "ordered 5 but shipped 3 and a backordered 2. How does Peachtree track backorders or does it?

johnp900
03-09-2002, 12:51 PM
PT tracks backorders through the sales invoicing module. After you create an invoice for the 5 & shipped 3 & then post invoices, a backorder invoice is created. A backorder report can be run for all backorder items if needed, but the backorder invoice remains in invoicing. PT handles backorders pretty good.

ww-west
03-12-2002, 06:29 PM
I have looked at the retail stores and noticed that there are several different versions of Peachtree Software out. There is "First Accounting", "Accounting" & "Complete". Is any one better than the other for my Back-Order problem?

jag
03-13-2002, 09:06 PM
As you have noticed there are several flavors of Peachtree:

First Accounting 2002, Accounting 2002, Complete Accounting 2002, DOS, Classic and 2000. Some version are very alike, some are very different. The software that you choose depends mostly on what you wanna do, how you wanna do it and how much you wanna spend. All versions handle the back-orders similar to what John told just you (I have never used First Accounting, so I don't really know if that version does it, but I suppose it does).

If you are a typical small bussiness and you are goin to start with a fresh new copy of Peachtree: IMHO I would stay away from DOS, Classic and 2000 (please note that I wrote 2000 and not 2002, which is a completely different product). I don't believe that they are inferior in anyway, but the most popular versions are the other 3 for that kind of bussiness.

Complete Accounting 2002, I believe is the most popular version (and the most expensive of the 2002 series) because it has all the features of the other two. But, you have to evaluate each option and see what other features you need in order to make a good decision. For example, you should use Complete Accounting 2002 if you are in a multi-user enviroment.

Finally, try to consider all versions. They differ a lot and it's always good to know what's available in the market (even if it's for the future). And be aware that this is the DOS/Classic Forum, so specific questions about any other version should be addressed to their respective forums.

Please let me know if I can help you further.

HIH

Right now you are in the Peachtree DOS/Classic