PDA

View Full Version : Record Purges

Jesinia
08-01-2001, 01:38 PM
We have just begun to use PT 2002, having never used the product before. I need to know how to purge one or two specific records. Example: When we entered the inventory, we wanted to see how the program worked a sales. So, we pretended to sell something. Now, I want to put that back in inventory (which we did with my previous question on returns), but I need to actually purge the record of the pretend sell. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Robert Walraven
08-01-2001, 06:33 PM
All you have to do is simply DELETE the test records you added. First delete the Sales/Invoice so that the test item is no longer used, then delete the test item.

Purging is a completely different process - it is used at year end to clean out old records that you no longer need, and is a batch process on the entire database.

Jesinia
08-01-2001, 07:01 PM
Okay, thanks. I did that. Now on a further note, the Sales Journal is recording those 3 tests. When I deleted them, the Sales Journal report still shows them. Is there a way to make that go away too?

Robert Walraven
08-02-2001, 06:20 AM
Hmm. Not sure what you did. If you open the Sales/Invoicing form, click the Open button, and the tests are no longer there, they should truly be gone. So I'm not sure how they could still be showing in a report.

Are you running in batch mode by any chance? If so, then when you get to the Select Invoice screen by clicking Open on Sales/Invoicing form you should select status = Both to see both posted and unposted entries.

Anybody else have any ideas?