PDA

View Full Version : Priming Sales Receipts with constant information

Jesinia
08-01-2001, 01:43 PM
How do you prime the sales receipts menu with information that will always be constant? Example: We only have ONE taxing authority in Texas for sales tax, that is the State. I want to prime the receipt with the "SalesTax" authority already entered. And, not only that but I want to prime the sales receipt with the type of sales... RECEIPT-01.

Jesinia
08-03-2001, 07:53 AM
Is there no answer to this question?

Diane Koers
08-06-2001, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Could you clarify a little more? ALso, what version of PT are you using?

Jesinia
08-07-2001, 03:45 PM
We are using the newest version, 2002. On the receipts screen, when you have a cash sale we would like to have RECEIPT-01 automatically show up as the type of sale, in the customer name field. The company is not tracking customers at this time. All sales are RECEIPT-01 (cash sale) type sales. Also, we have only one sales tax authority. But, on the same screen, you have to open the sales tax list and select the one you want. There is only one and it's an extra step. We would like that to also show up automatically on the screen each time we make a sale. Hope this helps.

Diane Koers
08-07-2001, 07:55 PM
Ok. You can't have PT automatically pull up a customer. Technically, you could create a memorized transaction that lists the customer, but that would require more steps than just selecting the customer from the look up box.

Go to Maintain Customers, pull up customer RECEIPT-01 and on the General tab, down at the bottom is a place to store the default sales tax info.

Then, whenever you pull up the customer in the invoicing screen, the default sales tax code will appear.

Hope that helps,

Jesinia
08-09-2001, 08:06 AM
Yes, this helps a lot. Thanks