PDA

View Full Version : Ghost sales in history

Unregistered
08-02-2001, 11:27 AM
We just rolled into a new period and have not entered any sales data, but I am showing item usage history for the month of August 2001. Is there some function in period change that does this or is there a way to clear this info. This is not affecting my "real" inventory data, just the history

Diane Koers
08-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Where are you seeing the ghost values? The fix depends on where the problem shows up.

Unregistered
08-03-2001, 06:34 AM
I am seeing it in Maintain/ Inventory items/History

KIM
08-06-2001, 02:16 PM
I am also experiencing the ghost history in inventory. F.Y.I , I have found it in my customer sales/cash history, also. It does not affect my A/R balance, but the history is incorrect. Could this be throughout the software?

asphelpdeskinc
08-06-2001, 04:35 PM
It sounds like you are describing a "doubling up" effect. This problem seems to occur after closing a fiscal year and can effect history of inventory, customers and vendors. If your history report and if you go into maintain inventory items history tab, and they show activity that represents this August's activity PLUS last August's activity being reported as current - this is the fix:

1-Back Up, Back Up, Back Up ... (can't say this enough)

2-Start Peachtree with integrity check option enabled by using command line C:\PEACHW\PEACHW.EXE -i
from the START - RUN

3-It reminds you not to forget step 1! If you did, choose continue.

4-Choose Data Synchronization Test - Inventory/Journal

Yes, this does take a long time. It unposts ALL transactions, then reposts them. If you are on a slow computer and have a lot of transactions, I have seen it take days. Best to run overnight or on a weekend. If you are on a network, I would consider taking a backup to a single computer disconnected from the network (fast with lots of memory) and restoring it to the local drive. Run the fix, check the results, backup the repaired data and then restore it to your network.

This should fix it.

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

Lee Carter
07-05-2002, 08:36 AM
How can it be? I am 4 days into July and the unit activity report and the sales profitability report and sales history as seen in the Maintain Inventory area all show that I have sold about 60 times more than I have really sold? I am using these reports to make future projections and write future purchase orders. It seems that this information is pure garbage! What is the problem here and more importantly can anything be done to fix it!