PDA

View Full Version : Optimize Invoice Files and System Error 6

rmiller3455
03-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Whenever I try to optimize our invoicing files, the procedure begins, and after 5 or 10 minutes, I get a "System Error 6".

Since I am working with a copy of our data, I have purged all detail, rebuilt indexes, etc. I was going to try to delete old invoices, but I eventually get the same error message. Unfortunately, our company has NEVER optimized, purged transaction detail, so our data files are rather large.

Has anyone experiened a similar problem? I called Peachtree technical support, and received little help. They suggested I could send the file to them, but I do not like the idea of halting our accounting department.

Thanks,

Rick

johnp900
03-29-2002, 06:20 AM
you have a problem with some invoices that did not post properly. Have you ever had an invoice with a strange amount & a lot of symbols such as % and # in the amount line? I am having the same problem & if your files are as large as mine, it may take a while to correct it. If you don't need the old invoices, you may to try to delete a month at a time till you get to the ones with the error. From there , you may have to use the Utilba command to correct the problems. restoring from a backup does not work because this problem does not arise until you try to optimize or delete files. This type of repair is time consuming & has caused me other problems, so if you try it , have your program discs handy & a backup & get after it. I plan to work on this same problem this weekend & if I have any more suggestions , I'll let you know.. John

rmiller3455
03-29-2002, 07:34 AM
John,

I was not able to delete a range of invoice number, because I kept getting the "System Error #", so instead, I deleted a range of invoice dates. That worked successfully, and I was able to optimize with no problems after that!

Thanks for your input, I've been battling this for quite some time.

Good luck,

Rick