PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree7 and invoicing multiple customers automatically

fetchhead
08-02-2001, 06:40 PM
Hi. I have peachtree setup with a utility billing (water usage...a flat fee charged quarterly). This 'accounts receivables' account is setup to invoice a grouping of customers assigned unique Customer ID's and a GL Sales account is setup as well.

I need to be able to have the 'flat fee' billed to each customer and show as such each quarter. All bills are sent out once a quarter as well. How do I tweak my accounts to allow for invoicing this group (~600 clients) without manually inputing each quarterly billing. The fee stays the same amount and is constant. Is this possible in this version?

Thank you very much for any help.

Craig D. Jensen
ICQ 1240918

Baytek
08-07-2001, 04:05 PM
The best way to handle this situation is to create a memorized transactions under Maintain, Memorized Transactions, Sales Invoices.

Next, "USE" the memorized invoice to create an actual invoice for one customer and "RECUR" it "quarterly".

You don't have to enter the actual invoice 600 times, but you do have to select each customer to recur the memorized invoice quarterly.

For more information, email support@baytek.com.

riscniaga
08-12-2001, 04:59 AM
A simpler and much better way is to use the Export / Import feature in Peachtree.

Using this feature - you can build your billing list in Excel - or any spreadsheet - then export it one time to Peachtree.

This saves time (and money) for data entry and checking / reconciling totals.

First of all you need to export:

Accounts Receivable - Customer List (to get the CustomerID)
Accounts Receivable - Sales Journal (to get the spreadsheet structure right)

Secondly, you need to put in your billing information in the Sales Journal spreadsheet file.

Thirdly, and finally, import the Sales Journal spreadsheet data into Peachtree.

I have a customer who uses a combination of MS Access and Excel to do their student registration / billing task which is then imported to Peachtree. It is a wonderful and easy solution to them.