PDA

View Full Version : dos v.10

xfiles
04-11-2002, 10:38 PM
My data was lost. When I recovered by creating a new company but GL ID are 5 digits instead of 6 digits. I cound not continue to run at all. Is there anyway I do not have to reenter all data? I tried 6 digits GL still not working. I am about quiting my job!

jonk
04-29-2002, 11:57 PM
When you create the new company, it must have the same login id as the previous company in order to restore the data. Therefore, assuming you have a proper backup of the company data, (1) note location of the data files, then delete the old company by using Utilities/maintain company information/change company information/remove. (2) recreate the company using the same 2 digit ID and data file location as the previous company. On the company setup screen after you enter the company name, change the default gl account # size to 6 digits. It doesn't matter what defaults or chart of accounts you set up at this stage, because when you restore the data all the defaults will change to the old defaults and chart of accounts. (3) Restore the previous company. This should restore properly because the new company is now at 6 digits as was the old one.
Still problems? Recheck to ensure that the new file location is the same as the old file location. Check this under Utilities/T-Change location of data files) Hope this helps!