PDA

View Full Version : One more try...Please reply

fetchhead
08-04-2001, 09:09 AM
Hello again.

Here's my prob: PT7 setup for 586 customers who use a utility (water). The charge for this utility is a flat fee due quarterly ($42). The amount never changes, the billing is constant...every quarter a statement/invoice is sent out. The customer data is setup with unique ID for each customer. There is a GL sales account assigned with it's unique number to track the billing of this utility.

Is there a way to (without entering the statements manually for each customer every quarter) have this flat fee come due each quarter and then print a bulk quarterly statement/invoice? It seems possible since the customers being billed for this utility are in their own grouping (similar Customer ID) and there is a GL sales account assigned. Can this be done in PT itself w/out third party integration...ie Access database or similar?

Please help....next billing period coming up soon :)

Thank you in advance!!

asphelpdeskinc
08-05-2001, 09:09 AM
Peachtree itself can handle repeat billings. You can prepare a bill for a customer 1 time and use the recur function. However, this method with the number of customers you have, and the probability that there is turnover, etc. lends itself to errors and maybe more work than you might think. What happens if the taxing authority decides to raise rates? If you have entered recurring entries, you would have to then one-by-one edit them or delete them and start over. How many times would you chance setting them up to recur? Then, when it expires, you have to do it all over again.

I have a solution that would be perfect for your situation - it would only take a few minutes to generate ALL of the bills. However, it is not something than can be explained in this forum.

If you would like, contact me directly.

Jim Ronson
asphelpdesk@charter.net
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com