PDA

View Full Version : error message

Thomas Hall
08-07-2001, 07:40 AM
I am receiving an error message that "Account ***** is not footed in period **. Any help to fix this is greatly appreciated.

asphelpdeskinc
08-07-2001, 08:21 AM
Follow the instructions at Peachtree's website:

1.) Backup, backup, backup (can't say this enough)

2.) Run integrity check to reindex files and synchronize. The steps for your version may vary, but read the detailed how to at:

http://www.peachtree.com/support/peachfacts/html/32241.cfm

3.) If the above does not work, you have other problems which I have seen before that cannot be fixed by integrity check. There is a post on this board with the same problem The last post dated 07-25-2001 11:47 AM by asphelpdeskinc, started by David Solari and should appear on page 2 of this board..

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

erodriguez
08-10-2001, 08:05 AM
When I run a GL report it gives me an error "Account ##### does not foot in period #."

In :
http://www.peachtree.com/support/peachfacts/html/32241.cfm
I ran Peachtreee with Integrity Check, and did as it says.
This did not work.

In :
http://www.accountingadvisors.com/acctip.shtml
I found
Aging schedule doesn't foot with GL?
From time to time, the total of your Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable aging report may differ from the corresponding account on your balance sheet. To correct this problem without affecting your balance sheet, enter a payment or receipt against the invoice, but change the cash account for the transaction to your A/P or A/R account.

And it works, When you print the GL Report, no eror is given.

But, Just to make sure, is there a way I can Export tha data and Impor

asphelpdeskinc
08-10-2001, 08:22 AM
The problem where A/P or A/R detail does not "foot" with the G/L accounts is not a system file problem, but rather it is caused most of the time by careless data entry. It is only discovered when analyzing the balance sheet with supporting detail.

In the tasks>sales/invoicing screen there are 2 places for G/L accounts. The bottom left account MUST point to an Accounts Receivable account. I have seen people change that to the G/L sales account or something else. Peachtree remembers this for the next invoice, etc. This will cause the problem of not "footing" the A/R detail to the G/L A/R balance.

In the tasks>purchase/receive inventory screen there are also 2 places for G/L accounts. Likewise, the top "A/P Account" MUST point to an Accounts Payable account. Here, I have seen people change that to the G/L expense account. To complicate matters, that account then remains until changed again. This will also cause the problem of not the G/L not "footing" to the A/P detail.

In both cases, Peachtree does NOT indicate an error. This is an accounting error that is uncovered by your controller or accountant (hopefully).

The error message when running the G/L that says, "Account ##### does not foot in period #" is caused when the beginning G/L balance plus the detail of tranactions displayed for any particular G/L account for the period(s) do NOT ADD UP to the ending G/L balance. Something is missing in the detail. It can be very difficult to locate and repair if the integrity checks recommended do not find it.

Feel free to contact me directly if you are unable to solve your problems.

Jim Ronson
asphelpdesk@charter.net
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

Unregistered
08-10-2001, 04:38 PM
We did a GL Report,
Export it to EXEL
Sorted by Trans. Desc.
Look for a vendor that did not add up Debit = to CR.
Erase the transactions that did not add up, or were mising. Where CR and DR did not add up.
Then we re-enter the transactions that we erase.

Thanks a LOT..

BI People.......
www.biocheck.com

Diane Koers
08-10-2001, 06:42 PM
What version of Peachtree?

erodriguez
08-13-2001, 07:47 AM
WE Have VER. 8.0.02.044

erodriguez
08-14-2001, 02:14 PM
We deleted the transactions, that did not add up.
But, when we added the transactions again, the GL AP Ack. did not Foot again. Same error. Same Vendor.

I ran the reindex chart, reindex Jrnl Header, and Chart of Ack/Journal Data Sync. test.

We added a new Purchase/ Recv. Inv. to the same vendor, and the GL AP Ack. does not foot again, If we delete it, It foot's OK, the balance add's up, but if we add it, it makes the GL AP Ack. does not foot again.

Help!

Edwin
MIS@biocheck.com

erodriguez
08-14-2001, 02:34 PM
We found that it is the combination of a Vendor and the date 7/31/01 that makes the GL AP Ack. foot error.

If we change the date from 7/31/01 to Ex. 7/27/01, same vendor. no error is given!

Wierd!!!!

Other vendors, no problem.

I belive some of the data is corrupt in some way.!??????

miltonsolano
11-28-2002, 09:08 AM
I have the same error "Accoun XXX doesn't foo...". I have noted that if we change the accounting period, the dread message desappears.

Recently, we changed forward our working period, and the message is not showing up anymore. What could happen if we just forget about the message and continue to work? Could it return again with the same accounts? What do you think?

Will be harmful to just "forget" about it?

Thanks for your thoughts

Milton Solano
Constructura Suarez

TheWolf
12-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Footing errors are normally caused by an internal sync problem. I would not ignore them as they can cause some reports to not show accurate info.