PDA

View Full Version : Font size too small for reports

turnersculpture
08-08-2001, 09:24 AM
We have recently upgraded to Version 12, from Version 11 - bought a new Windows 98 compatible dot matrix printer (Epson FX-880), and now our reports are printing out so small, one can barely read them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this problem out? Changing the font on the control panel of the printer doesn't affect the print out in anyway.

Thank you!
Maria.

CLiffC
08-10-2001, 01:23 PM
We just went through the exact same thing except it was an older dot matrix. Could not for the life of me figure it out. Decided it was worth the $400 and went out and purchased an HP 1200se laserjet printer....

No more printer problems.

If your not using continous feed forms, you may want to look at trading for an ink jet printer....cost about $125.

If you figure it out, let me know......we still could set up our old one as a back up.

Unregistered
08-14-2001, 08:28 AM
Well it's nice to know that someone else had the same problem. Thanks for the tip, will look into that.

Unregistered
09-07-2001, 08:53 AM
We are struggling with the margins and fonts on our reports since we updated to version 12. I have tried everything I know, I am using a HP ink jet and we tried changing printers to an Epson inkjet and still the same thing. Is this a problem with our copy of the software or is it something with the whole version 12 package?

Chris Caldwell and Glenn Falls

Unregistered
09-11-2001, 01:24 AM
I had nothing but problems with V12, so I went back to V11. It was a waste of money. They should have worked out all these problems before selling this version. I had the same exact problems as you all did. Not only that, but it bothered me that with this new "windows" version as they called it, you still had to use the keyboard for everything. I was hoping that V12 was going to be more "mouse" friendly.

ccald930
09-11-2001, 07:18 AM
I tried to go back to version 11 and was given an error message. I am unable to go back. Any ideas or help?

Unregistered
09-11-2001, 12:52 PM
I never deleted V11, instead I just installed V12 into a different directory and entered the path for the data files to V11. I had a feeling I might not have liked it and would want to go back, thank goodness I did keep V11. So, sorry no idea how to go back to V11 and how the whole data file transfer back.

Unregistered
09-13-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by turnersculpture
We have recently upgraded to Version 12, from Version 11 - bought a new Windows 98 compatible dot matrix printer (Epson FX-880), and now our reports are printing out so small, one can barely read them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this problem out? Changing the font on the control panel of the printer doesn't affect the print out in anyway.

Thank you!
Maria.

Maria,
Have you got an answer from anyone? I have the same problem with an Okidata 320 Turbo.
Surely Peachtree should solve this. I like to print my GL on continuous paper, so an inkjet or laser is out of the question.
Please email me at VSOR@aol.com
Michael

ccald930
09-14-2001, 07:18 AM
Has anyone had success in getting Peachtree to rebate the cost of the upgrade? I have not received a great deal of help from them and they insist that it is our computer, not the software!

hochstein92
01-28-2002, 07:44 PM
I had the same problem on my OKI 520ML. I called Okidata support and found that they had a "font fix" on their website for the problem on the font size being too small. Their is a multi-step solution, so you should go to their support page for instructions.

However, this did fix my problem, but with every fix comes a whole new set of problems which may or may not be related to this fix. I cannot print out payroll stubs, yet?, that fit on the check stub, but I didn't try doing this before doing this fix.

Anyway, go to www.okidata.com, support, look for "font size too small" and maybe this will help you.

johnp900
01-29-2002, 02:24 AM
If it's in a network, verify printer settings on each individual workstation. Then at the F5 prompt to confugure printers, verify the setiings again. You may have to delete the printer & then reinstall it. I run some Panasonic dots & laser printers & they work great but it did take setup on each machine to make them work. I hope this helps