PDA

View Full Version : Customer Subsidy

racorby
08-09-2001, 02:07 PM
I want to sell something to a customer, and utilize a subsidy from a vendor to reduce the price. I then bill the subsidy to the vendor. Currently, I create an Invoice, and use a line item "Subsidy" with a negative amount. The invoice is accurate, and "Subsidy" is mapped to a separate receivable account to bill to the vendor.

My subsidies are fixed amounts per customer, and may exceed their initial purchase. I want to track REMAINING SUBSIDY. And on the next purchase for the customer, have it automatically reduce the amount of the invoice.

Any idea how I can do this?

Unregistered
08-13-2001, 02:23 PM
It might not be possible to do what you're suggesting.

You can probably try this:

If the customers subsidy is fixed, then you can probably post the original amount of the subsidyas a credit memo to the customer.

Then you invoice the customer for the full amount of the sale.

You can send the Invoice showing full amount and the Credit Memo (subsidy) to the customer.

When the customer is paying, he will apply the relevant amount on the credit memo to the invoice and pay the difference. His remittance advice should show the full invoice amount less the subsidy portion to give the cheque amount.

Then when you receipt the payment, apply the % of the credit memo to give the cheque equivalent.

This way , the customer will have a running balance on his subsidy from the credit memo created

(kinda long winded approach though, dont know if this helps)

Roger