PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree MAS90 Upgraders??

georgeseq
06-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Has anyone upgraded or know of anyone who has moved up to the Peachtree MAS90 program? We are local Peachtree V11 DOS users of 14 years now but would like to move into bar coding, more seamless transfer of information into Windows Excel, etc.
MAS 90 has a wonderful track record albeit incredibly expensive compared with Peachtree DOS. Frankly, I am having difficulty finding out just what the Peachtree MAS 90 deal IS! (cost, data transfer capability from DOS, etc.)
George Morrison

jag
06-02-2002, 10:53 AM
AFAIK,

There are no direct conversions. You can use the PDQ to export some of the data to csv's and them import them to Mas90. Basically you will have to re-enter all the transactions.

Hope this helps,

georgeseq
06-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Darned... I see all these advertisements for Peachtree MAS90, mention of conversion programs, etc. and I had a suspicion it was all about Peachtree Windows. Two phonecalls to MAS90 and Peachtree could not get me an answer. One post on this site, ANSWER!! Thanks so much..
We have been using DOS wonderfully for years but would like to do bar coding and better quotes, etc. utilizing Windows..
Again, thank you so much for taking time to reply.
George Morrison
Columbus, Ohio

jag
06-02-2002, 06:16 PM
You should still call peachtree to see what you can do. I do know that there's a conversion program from Peachtree DOS to Windows, so maybe it can help you to make that conversion first. I wouldn't recomend that method, but it might work for you. Anyway, I don't think that it would bring you the transaction details (so you still end up with a lot of data entry).

Also, I just wanted to mention this (you probably already know it): You don't need necesarily to use a barcode-enabled program to use barcodes. But, that depends mainly in what you want to do. If you want to read a post by me titled something about barcodes in this forum (very informative). You could always go for custom programming in a worst-case-scenario, which will cost about the same (maybe even less) than MAS90 (if that's are the only two things that you need to do with PCA-DOS).

Hope this helps,

georgeseq
06-02-2002, 07:43 PM
Javier,
Thank you so much, again. You have been SO helpful, as always. Yes, I saw your bar code posts and much appreiate those.
We are getting to the point of wanting to pull data to and from Windows applications; i.e. to make better quotes, customer database, etc. that being held back by the DOS is getting to be constraining. HOWEVER, the DOS version has been rock solid and very functional for us in that we have thousands of customers, thousands of warehouse items to inventory, and DOS Peachtree has served us well. In every case we end up with an $18,000+ upgrade to a Windows software that gives us almost what Peachtree DOS gives us...

Again, thank you so much for your incredible knowledge-base..
George Morrison
Columbus, Ohio

jag
06-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the mid-size business dilema !!!

I'm just glad to help.

Take care,