PDA

View Full Version : Accounts Payable error

hokieike
06-05-2002, 11:23 AM
I am trying to enter A/P invoices into my system. A/P operator has entered quite a few invoices, but when she tried the latest one, she receives a red screen message "Invalid cash account code". However, we cannot get past this screen. The system was recovered (System and all modules) from another PC, which may or may not be relevant. There seems to be "1" in the cash account code field, but we cannot change before the screen reappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cleona
06-12-2002, 09:15 AM
We also experienced this same problem last week. The operator exited the system (without getting a report of the invoices entered) then went back in and everything seems to function correctly since.

However, I am having a problem closing a/p each month. For four months in a row, although I close each period, the totals from the previous several months get lumped together, dated the last day of the previous month, and are included in my transfers control report totals. I have subtract the old balance each month and post the new totals manually. Any suggestions??

cleona
06-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Did you figure this out yet??

I am running Classic Version 12.5 and just had this a/p cash account code error for the second time this month. I had entered three invoices and typed in the vendor ID for the fourth when the error occured.

I had to "end task" causing me to lose the enter transaction control report. When I went back in to Peachtree, the first three invoices were there and I was able to enter the rest with no problems. What gives??????

hokieike
06-21-2002, 09:33 AM
No, I have not had any luck with the error.

However, what we do is run the Open Invoices Report at the end of the day. If the error pops up, then we can identify all items entered that day on the report, since it shows the entry date. If the batch is not the first batch of the day, we can eliminate those transaction on the other transaction reports, then retotal all invoices remaining with the current date. The key is to not panic, and run the Open Invoices Report immediately after restarting. That way, you have a list that serves as a transaction control report for the batch.

We have also found that we retain all transactions other than the one we were trying to enter. You are right - It would be nice to know what is causing this!