PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Data over network

IVmachine
08-10-2001, 09:49 AM
I have had Peachtree Accounting 5.0 on a 233 with 32 MB of ram on a computer for some time. For the sake of convenience I tried to install it on another computer on the network and get the data from the original machine. Everything was working fine, but then Peachtree started crashing on the machine i recently installed. After It crashed I could no longer see the user in my network neighborhood (Windows 98). Eventually after restarting both machines several times and reinstalling Peachtree, I would be able to see the users on my network. Do you think that peachtree doesnt release the machine it is connected to when it crashes & causes the problem or do you think that it is a purely windows problem?(Used Peer-Peer install in Peachtree). Any feedback would be great.

Baytek
08-10-2001, 04:57 PM
Most likely, this is an environmental issue-meaning, it's a problem in Windows 98 or within your network.

To make sure your environment is set up properly for Peachtree, call 800-719-3216 (Peachtree's On-demand Fax line) and request document #35890-Complete Set Up Guide for Windows 98.

You might also get document #35885-Windows 98, How to Remove and Reload the Network Adapter Driver. If your new computer is using the first edition of Windows 98, you may have an old adapter driver. This causes problems within Peachtree. Use this document to check your driver and install a new one if needed.

For more information, email support@baytek.com.