PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Ascot
06-18-2002, 03:00 PM
I have peachtree classic 12.0 runing and will be taking over a company in 2 years and want to know is there a good book out there that will help me learn this version fast? I know how to get around in the program and am very much a computer person but really no nothing about accounting. Any help is appreicated.

Paul

Baytek
06-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any training books on Peachtree Classic Accounting. However, you can get on-site training (a fast, one-on-one) tailored to meet your needs.

Email training@baytek.com for more information.

jag
06-29-2002, 02:16 PM
I think Peachtree is easy to understand and work with it if you have a basic knowledge of accounting.

I'm not an accountant myself (in fact I'm a Chemical Engineer)... but I have been involved with a lot of accounting stuff in my life. From my experinece: If you are setting up Peachtree by yourself... that's a no no. Look out for an accountant with experience with that version in order to set up your Chart of Accounts, ect. If you will keep running it (someone else did the setup for you)... I would read a couple of books about basic accounting and then read the Peachtree manual. The peachtree manual is good IMO, but it will be difficult to undestand if you don't know anything about accounting.

Either case we are in this forum to help you... feel free to post any kind of questions.

Take care,