PDA

View Full Version : importing to sales journal

macdonaldco
08-13-2001, 09:03 AM
I am attempting to import to the sales journal using CSV files. I exported the sales journal to view the format and have replicated the same format for importing. All of the data appears to be correct. I have included all of the items which are required and have matched the import layout to the file I am trying to import. When I use the import feature I do not get any errors but there is no data imported either. Am I missing something?? Is there any further documention available for importing?

Thank You.

David Giannelli

Product
Peachtree Complete Accounting Version #8

Unregistered
08-13-2001, 01:47 PM
Are you checking for the data in the eriod to which it relates?

macdonaldco
08-13-2001, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Are you checking for the data in the eriod to which it relates?

Thank you for your response. I double checked and I am in fact looking in the correct accounting period.

Dave

Unregistered
08-13-2001, 02:31 PM
Did you experience this problem importing from any other module. If you havent, then you should probably check to see.

Roger

hdickerson
01-21-2003, 01:17 PM
did you get a solution to this.. I have had this problem for years....

i'm trying to import and it seems to work if you don't try to add a description.

My clicking SHOW in description it tells me the ship to name is wrong which I didnt even check off.

dringstrom
01-21-2003, 03:12 PM
The problem with importing is that Peachtree will often report an error with one field, when really the problem lies elsewhere. It's possible to import successfully into Peachtree...you just have to pay very close attention to detail.

Evelyn Pesantez
09-08-2003, 04:01 PM
We have opened another company and are in the process of importing data from same PT V.7, following the steps and order specified in the manual. Everything seems fine UNTIL we try importing the General Journal and subsequent data like sales, etc. The amounts appear multiplied by 10K, making data totally wrong (e.g. instead of $20 - shows $200.000). We tried changing the decimal places to 0 both in the original and new company, but the problem persists. Original company data has no such problem. PLEEEEASE help!

KathrynM
09-12-2003, 05:11 PM
I am a total newbie to Peachtree, but I did import sales journal entries to get open A/R items into Peachtree very recently. Are your entries beginning balance entries? Are you looking in the g/l account or the A/R detail? Have you looked at both?

Evelyn Pesantez
09-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Yes, I checked at both (g/l, A/R); I followed exactly step by step the importing process in the order described in the PT V.7 manual. I think it's a problem of the decimals, because the data is imported "correctly" except for the extra zeros (multiplies everything by 10,000). Any ideas? Thanks.

KathrynM
09-16-2003, 10:28 AM
I found that I had to put the columns in the order shown on the import screen, which was different than the order in the manual. When I did NOT include a column that the manual said was not required, I got an error message indicating failure at that particular field. When I added that field, voila!

KathrynM
09-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Do you have both "Accounts Payable Amount" and "Amount" in your import? The second must be the G/L amount.

The "Accounts Payable Amount", according to the online help, is "calculated during the import process" but online help does not say how it is calculated. Have you resolved this issue?

kadiyamramana
03-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Hi David Giannelli,
I to get the same Problem of which u got Have u find the solution for the below problem if yes means please send the solutions to me

Mail id: kadiyamramana@gmail.com

I am attempting to import to the sales journal using CSV files. I exported the sales journal to view the format and have replicated the same format for importing. All of the data appears to be correct. I have included all of the items which are required and have matched the import layout to the file I am trying to import. When I use the import feature I do not get any errors but there is no data imported either. Am I missing something?? Is there any further documention available for importing?

Thank You.

Venkata Ramana

Lisa_p
03-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Venkata -
you'll note that David's post is 5 1/2 years old!

Are you getting any particular error? Can you list the fields that you're trying to import?

hhimaging
03-19-2007, 11:50 AM
I need to import a sales journal from a XYZ Software into Peachtree.
I'm looking for the format to import (ex: csv) the order of the field needed and the max character for each field.

I looked in the manual but can't find it.

Can somebody help me.
Mel

Lisa_p
03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Search the help in peachtree for Import/export and choose "import/export field definition lists". For each list and journal, you'll see what fields are importable, whether they are required, what format they need to be in (boolean, alphanumeric, etc.) and what the field limit is.

The order of the file is not so important because you can define what order the columns are in when you do the import.

Hope this helps!

Chap Harrison
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I'll run with this a while... :p

I'm trying to import to Sales Journal. I'm experiencing the same symptom others have described: seems to run, no error messages, but can't see that anything was imported.

I elected to import all fields, required or not, in their native order. In the beginning I got errors on line 1 involving various fields, but one by one I fixed those.

Have eyeball-checked to see that input field order matches the order I told PT I'd import in.

I have exported an existing Sales Journal and compared it to my input file, and I don't see anything wrong.

I've been through this thread and checked everything that people have suggested.

Would it be useful if I post some data up here? I'm attaching a .csv file containing my import data.

Thanks,
Chap

rick Prindivill
04-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Attached is a PDF that lists the mandatory or minimal import fields required to import Sales Invoices into Peachtree.

Chap Harrison
04-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Attached is a PDF that lists the mandatory or minimal import fields required to import Sales Invoices into Peachtree.

Thank you -- as I mentioned, I am currently importing every field. Are the fields mentioned in your PDF required to contain a value, or merely to be present in the import file? For example, not every record will contain a Unit Price or a Quantity, in which case they are left null ("").

rick Prindivill
04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Certain fields must be present but can be left empty or blank i.e Quantity, Unit Prie.

TSI
05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
How Is Peach Tree Quantum? Can Someone Tell Me More About It? The Pros And Cons Would Be Great To Know.

Thanks,

Tsi

rick Prindivill
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
PRO - 10 Named Users versus 5 Named Users
PRO - All bells and whistles contained in any other version of Peachtree 2007 are all contained in Quantum
CON - Cost.

Chap Harrison
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
One of the columns that is exported from Sales Journal is "Transaction Period". It's currently 32. How is this value computed?

On a more general topic, I continue to have questions related to importing, exporting, and processing Peachtree data externally to Peachtree. Is there a forum that is more specifically geared to this?

Thanks very much,
Chap

Lisa_p
05-02-2007, 06:00 PM
The transaction period is not importable. The help file is very helpful in defining all the fields for the various journals, with which ones are importable, which are required and what format they need to be.

Search the help index for "import/export fields" and click on sales journal.

I don't know of any forum better than this one for the help you're looking for. If you need more help then we can provide here, you might consider hiring a certified consultant for some one on one training and consulting.

Chap Harrison
05-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I've got my sales and receipts journals importing correctly :-)

I don't know of any forum better than this one for the help you're looking for. If you need more help then we can provide here, you might consider hiring a certified consultant for some one on one training and consulting.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, if I did! Just wondered whether questions of this nature were "on topic" or not. The help (both from this forum, and from PT menus) has been helpful and I've been able to do what I set out to do.

Lisa_p
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
No, you didn't sound ungrateful at all, and this is right on topic so no worries. Glad you got it working.

Chap Harrison
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm writing a front-end to Peachtree to handle cash sales and charges of merchandise.

When someone purchases some items and pays cash for them, I import a series of Sales Journal records (one for each item purchased) and one Cash Receipts Journal record.

When someone purchases some items and charges them, I import a series of Sales Journal records. When we later receive payment, I import a Cash Receipt Journal record.

So in my approach, the only difference between a cash purchase and a charge is the length of time between when the Sales Journal records are imported, and when the Cash Receipts Journal record is imported. For cash, it's a matter of milliseconds; for charge, it's a matter of days or weeks.

Is there anything I must do differently "under the covers" when dealing with cash purchases, vs. dealing with charged purchases? Sorry for a goofy-sounding question, but I'm a programmer, not so much a bookkeeper. I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks,
Chap