PDA

View Full Version : Btrieve Error

Unregistered
08-13-2001, 02:40 PM
I just upgraded a database program on my system (Lytec Medical) and now when I try to access Peachtree Complete Accounting 8, I get the following message:

Btrieve Error: Max Communication Buffer Size parameter of 24576 is <64512. Please correct and restart.

My system has 128 MB memory so memory is not an issue. Plus, Peachtree was working fine until I upgraded the other program.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

Robert Walraven
08-14-2001, 06:42 AM
It is quite common for applications that use Btrieve to think they are the only program in the world. Consequently they tend to write over Btrieve settings that other programs use. Your problem is most likely that Lytec Medical overwrote some critical Btrieve critical parameter with a lower value.

The first thing to try is to reinstall Peachtree. If you find that then Lytec Medical does not work, then reinstall Lytec Medical and try the following:

1. Choose Start > Run
2. Type ‘regedit’ (without the quotes) and click OK
3. Navigate down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Btrieve Technologies\Microkernel Workstation Engine\Version 6.15\Settings
4. Double-click on Extended Buffer Size, select Decimal, change the value to 65536 and click OK
5. Double-click on Max Communication Buffer Size, select Decimal, change the value to 65536 and click OK
6. Exit the Registry Editor.

If that still doesn't fix the problem, let us know.