PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree 10 DOS upgrade to 2002?

pbrickner
06-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Is this even possible?

jag
06-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Yes.

There's a conversion utility from Peachtree that would convert from v11 to 2002. Since, v10, v11 and v12 use the same files (no conversion is required) then I guess it would convert from v10 to 2002.

Like any conversion... it is not perfect... you will be only exporting the balances... no history... many things to correct... ect.

Bottomline, while it is possible to do it you should try this with some test data... and investigate this a little bit further. Remember, that if you haven't used PCA 2002 it will be quite a change. Also I would rather export using csv in PDQ, reformat in excel and then import in PCA2002.

I hopes this helps a bit,

Peachtree fan
07-01-2002, 10:23 AM
What's PDQ?
Thanks

jag
07-01-2002, 11:02 AM
PDQ stands for Peachtree Data Query...

Is a program that's not installed with peachtree by default. You have to use the last disk of the Peachtree Set (labeled Supplemental Disk... or something like that).

When you open a company... in the main menu (where there are all the modules: GL, AR, AP, ect.) the last item should read Data Query.

This is something like a custom report program (a very powerful one indeed)... you can create custom reports and print them or save them to a file.

In this case I would create a custom report for the AR module that has the Customer ID, Customer Name, Address, Balance, ect. Then I would import that file to excel and make the proper adjustments and then import them to PCAW 2002.

Let me know if you need more info on the subject.

zerofox
08-18-2002, 11:40 PM
im having the same problem...
i will attempt the csv export/excel import...
if you have any other info i would really
appreciate it.
also, when we ran the conversion utility
everything converted without problem,
except inventory and payroll, at which
point it ends, returns to the main menu
screen as if complete, but no data is
coverted....
suggestions??

thank you in advance

zero-