PDA

View Full Version : Dos 11 versus Complete 9

Peachtree fan
06-26-2002, 11:07 PM
I have a new client that is thinking of converting to PT Complete Version 9 .
(1What are the pro's and cons ? (2 Does anyone know if Best (Sage) is
planning on continuing Dos Version?
(3 What does the conversion program that PT has allow you to convert and how
difficult is it to use? Can all your history
be converted or only vendors ,customers and G/L accounts?
Deeply appreciate any help.

bluegal
06-27-2002, 09:37 AM
A local Peachtree support person converted my data with PawCom; from DOS V11 to Peachtree for Windows 8.02. It only converted the text information (vendor names, customer names, etc), no numerical information.

I still had to go through each Vendor, Customer, Employee, and Inventory file and make corrections, and then enter all my existing customer and vendor invoices, payroll beginning balances, inventory balances, and GL account balances.

jag
06-28-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't think they used PawCom for that.

In fact Peachtree has a program that would do that same conversion that you stated plus the balances in each account.

The conversion program is messy... I give you that.

Anyway... I would never pay some support guy to do a conversion that I can make easily in 2 hours using PDQ and Excel (because I always will have to correct their mess). :)

Read my other post about this.

Take Care,

bluegal
07-01-2002, 09:48 AM
It's been almost a year since I converted; I assumed PawCom was used because I keep reading about it on these posts.
It must be the program you're referring to provided by Peachtree...

Whether or not you do the conversion yourself depends on how much knowledge you have, and how much time.

I run 2 businesses solo, and really didn't have time to fool around with the conversion, not knowing if I would run into problems.. As someone who knows little about operating systems (and there were plenty of problems using the DOS product on a newer computer), I wasn't sure what problems I might encounter, because all of my DOS upgrades were nightmares.

Most of the people I know that use Peachtree to run their small businesses know a lot about accounting but little about programming.:)

jag
07-01-2002, 11:12 AM
I know that many people don't have the time to deal with all this things.

The problem is that most consultants (not all) do a simple version conversion and forget about everything else. You always will have to verify the data... and it's a mess. When you import the things yourself you learn a lot of things and get to know the program a lot better.

I agree with you that if you are running several bussiness solo... it will be an overkill to do it yourself. In that case there's nothing else to do than to call an experienced consultant (and set things clear from the beggining).

Just as you said: It is a matter of how much knowledge you have, and how much time. Knowledge can be adquired... but that takes more time... which is something a little bit scarce this days. :)

MIKADOTEX
08-01-2002, 07:50 PM
AS TO YOUR QUERY RE:
VER 9 VERSUS VER 11
THERE IS MORE THAT YOU CAN WITH VER 11
IT IS REALLY WORHT IT TO CONVERT
TO VER SION 11
I ALSO GET SOME ENHANCEMENT FROM SKS-CONSULTING
IN DALLAS TEXAS
THEY OFFER SO MUCH TO PEACHTREE
TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
THE HARDEST THINGS NOW IS TO GET THE