PDA

View Full Version : Accountant's Back-up

Unregistered
08-14-2001, 09:30 AM
I am a fairly new user to peachtree software, and I am just coming off of quickbooks software. In quickbooks there was a feature called an "Accountant's Back-Up" which would allow your accountant to go out and make changes within your system and then send those changes back to you and this would allow you to reload just the adjustments made by the accountant. Does peachtree have any features like this, and if it does, how does it work?

Eric

riscniaga
08-18-2001, 03:39 AM
I have never had the chance to try out QuickBooks.

However, one way of achieving a way around for the accountant back-up feature that you described, is to use Peachtree's import / export feature.

Basically, you give the accountant a back-up file of your company file for the accountant to make his adjustments. then accountant exports the journal files to a CSV format file, and then you can import the CSV file back into Peachtree. It will pick up the new adjustment journals.

However the import / export function only works for new journals - if the accountant adjusts an existing journal - it will not work.

You will need to try out the feature and always make a back-up of your data files.

Diane Koers
08-27-2001, 10:17 PM
No, Peachtree doesn't have the equivalent of the "Accountant's Review" built in to it. It is possible to accomplish the same basic concept by subscribing to the Peachtree Web Accounting. This allows some of your data to be accessed and modified by your CPA (or anyone you designate) then syncronized with your current PT data when they are finished.