PDA

View Full Version : same gen # from 2 different time periods

SteveD
08-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Hi,
I'm using Peachtree for DOS, ver11, on a Win 95 machine. We've been using Invoicing, Inventory, AR, AP and GL, in the course of running a process manufacturing plant, since 1992 (?) One of our three users recently closed the month, and ran the Inventory Control/ Transaction Register. It showed gen 34 transactions from Aug 1994, in addition to gen 34 transactions from June 2002.

I can Delete Old Data Files from Utilities, but my question is this - by doing so, will I delete June's transactions in addition to 1994's ? If so, is there a way around this ?

Thanks in advance !

chikamic
08-10-2002, 10:27 AM
I need a little more info, because technically PCA overwrites any info in an existing generation. It is not possible to have 2 of the same generation numbers.

However, it is possible to have transactions from different years in the same TRANSFER file.

Please advise as to whether your are referring to the contents of Xfer files, I can tell you how to clean that problem up.

SteveD
08-26-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your response, sorry it took so long to answer you.

I don't understand how this problem is related to the contents of the Transfer files, since it was being reported on the Inventory Control / Transaction Register report. (I just don't know how the two relate.)

We don't use the transfer files during our closing each month, our accountant prefers making those journal entries by hand. So, if you wouldn't mind sending me info on how to clean up the transfer files, I'm willing to try it. Can't hurt.

Thanks, Steve

chikamic
08-26-2002, 05:19 PM
I will look at this further and get back to you.