PDA

View Full Version : Balance Sheet

Unregistered
08-20-2001, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I am viewing my Balance Sheet for a prior month I just finished.
My question is : What totals should have the minus brackets around them? For example, my Total other assets has brackets and my owners contribution has brackets. I am worried I credited or debited where I shouldn't.
Help.

Kristine

Rog
08-21-2001, 07:32 AM
Hi,

Print a Trial Balance. Check to ensure that all asset accounts have debit balances and the liability accounts have credit balances.

If this is in order, then the problem is probably with the report design. i.e. (the reverse sign box incorrectly checked)

If not then you probably did some incorrect posting. Verify this by printing a general ledger report for the month in consideration.

Roger

riscniaga
08-21-2001, 08:44 AM
Hello Roger,

I just noticed that you are in Trinidad, nice to have someone in the forum from a 'Third World Country'.

How is Peachtree doing there ?

In Malaysia, we have all kinds of resellers - trying to make Peachtree work for Malaysian business. MYOB has a local office here, and it is tough competing against them, plus we have too many accounting systems in the market.

Peachtree, though, is still the best in terms of usability, data reliability, customisation and gross profit reporting. However, MYOB has an advantage in multi-currency and consolidating customer and vendor IDs into a single contact database.

Shannon Tucker
08-21-2001, 09:30 AM
I'd been meaning to post this somewhere, and you've provided a great opportunity here for me to say...

Welcome to all our international friends on the Peachtree Forums!

To date, I see that PeachtreeUsers.com has members from Eritrea, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, and Turkey, as well as the U.S. and Canada.

Thanks for your participation and contributions to the Forums.

Rog
08-22-2001, 11:57 AM
Hi riscniaga,

Nice to hear from you. Peachtree is doing prety good in Trinidad. Actually it is the most widely used small business acctg software here.

I think it is a very strong package in terms of flexability, reports, customization and user friendliness.

It has one major downfall.. The lack of multi currency functionality.

If this were to be added (as business now function in a global environment) then it would truly be wholistic package indeed

Again, nice hearing from you.

Roger

syedali
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
hi Shah,
Are u aware of any conversion utility from MYOB to Peachtree?
Regards,
Syed

Hello Roger,

I just noticed that you are in Trinidad, nice to have someone in the forum from a 'Third World Country'.

How is Peachtree doing there ?

In Malaysia, we have all kinds of resellers - trying to make Peachtree work for Malaysian business. MYOB has a local office here, and it is tough competing against them, plus we have too many accounting systems in the market.

Peachtree, though, is still the best in terms of usability, data reliability, customisation and gross profit reporting. However, MYOB has an advantage in multi-currency and consolidating customer and vendor IDs into a single contact database.

bing
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I'd been meaning to post this somewhere, and you've provided a great opportunity here for me to say...

Welcome to all our international friends on the Peachtree Forums!

To date, I see that PeachtreeUsers.com has members from Eritrea, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, and Turkey, as well as the U.S. and Canada.

Thanks for your participation and contributions to the Forums.

Shannon, You missed the Philippines.......