PDA

View Full Version : converting from DOS v11 to Classic 13

sdeahn
08-21-2002, 10:02 PM
I have been asked to install classic 13 on a new PC with win98SE and convert the data from v11. I am not finding much help. Have been to knowledge center and got nothing. I think I will have to call Peachtree. Can anyone point me to some help?

chrismc
08-22-2002, 10:26 AM
I'll be running this upgrade in a test environment later today (I hope). I'll post my results, steps, problems, early next week once i've had time to confirm everything went alright. My upgrade will be live on the 1st. I can tell you that the data conversion is automatic (during the upgrade) so don't bother messing with any conversion utilities. They are only used when converting from DOS to a Windows version. Although v13 is windows based, you don't have to use this tool (or so I was told by Peachtree). I've also read that any PDQ queries that use the Block command will have to be "fixed". What this entails or wheter it's true, I don't know at this time.

I'll let everyone know how it goes soon. If you complete your upgrade prior to my post, please let us know how it went.

Thanks!
Chris

chrismc
08-22-2002, 10:58 AM
BTW - To get v11 on the new machine, simply copy the PCA directory to the new machine, and add the changes in/to your config.sys and autoexec.bat files. Then make a new shortcut to peach.bat on the desktop. That's all I had to do to setup my test environment. You will need a printer attached to the new machine or Peachtree will tell you about it the first time you try and run it.

This would probably be a good idea in case you had problems with the upgrade on the new machine, you could simply use the old machine and start over.

Chris

sdeahn
08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Thanks so much for this info. I will sure give it a try in a test enviro first.

Sandi

sdeahn
09-04-2002, 07:48 AM
I had success with upgrading to classic 13. I used winzip to copy the dos version to a new PC and that ran fine so I then ran the upgrade. Only issue I had was the printer so I used my one free phone call and they helped with that.