PDA

View Full Version : peachw error

PWCOMPUTERS
08-22-2001, 06:26 PM
have loaded clean install of Peachtree Complete 8.0. Will open sample company. Within a few minutes of inactivity, it posts an error message "peachw has created an invalid page fault at module kernel32.dll".
Nothing has corrected it. Peachtree Online states that there are no updates available, and I can find nothing on their website to clue me in. Can you help?

Unregistered
08-23-2001, 11:36 AM
We are having the same problem and so far it seems it happens when you load Microsoft Internet Explorer update to version 5.5. This MAY not be the problem, but the one cmputer without that version does not have the problem.

PWCOMPUTERS
08-24-2001, 06:33 PM
Have discovered fix for this error. Peachtree Complete 8.0 will run with Internet Explorer 5.5, but only with service pack 1 installed. If you load service pack 2, you will get this error. You must unistall serice pack 2. If you do not have service pack 1 available anymore (it's no longer on Microsoft's tech page), it's actually available on the Peachtree 8.0 install disc. You let it start up, cancel out, then browse the files till you locate it. Problem solved at that point. This only cost me $149.00 and three hours on the telephone with a Peachtree technician. Amazingly, they seem to know they've had this problem for about two months, yet they've posted nothing on their website to date to let people know about it. Pretty slick way to make $149.00, huh??!!

Kellina
10-02-2001, 10:53 AM
Thank you so much for that post! I was ready to kill everyone yesterday trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with the stupid computers. I knew it was a Windows 95 problem (as it wasn't happening on my Windows 98 machines) (with IE 6.0). Now I just need to figure out how to unistall a service pack. I am very upset that peachtree didn't send out any notification about this, esp with the virus scares going around and everyone updating their service packs to keep them out!

Thank you SOOOO much!!!!