PDA

View Full Version : A/P program files in use..after recovery

ktmo21
08-29-2002, 01:38 PM
Computer died during Gen#48 in A/P. Got back from shop. A/P was showing as Inactive, so deleted module and reinstalled. It would not restore files from my CD backup. Though the data files were still on harddrive thru Gen#47.

Got A/P up and running thru Gen#47. But wanted Gen48 data. So did a copy&paste of all Gen#48 data files off the cd (thru My Computer) to my C:\pca\mcapdata directory.

Now it is saying that a/p is in use by another program. Tried a recover but got "could not execute rebuild.exe.

My files=254, buffers=32, share F:4096 /l:300,
Set overlay_heap=1, set PC31d=CO in autoexec.bat file
All these criteria appear set correctly.

Using Version 11.0

Checked my clipboard to make sure datafiles weren't still there.

Any suggestions? Have went through users manual but have exhausted myself!

chikamic
08-29-2002, 09:03 PM
Cannot execute rebuild.exe is a sign of irrecoverable data damage. That data will not be able to be used.

In the future, if modules inactivate themselves, run recover data on them and that will usually reactivate them.

ktmo21
08-29-2002, 10:14 PM
Thank you. So should I go in and delete those gen#48 data files in A/P. Will that make A/P stop telling me that it is in use by another program?

I couldn't run Recover at first because my processor burned out which is really what started all the problems. I was entering invoices when it burned up!

chikamic
08-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Go into maintain AP options and roll the generation back to 47 and reclose. This will create you a new empty set of data files for generation 48.

Abnormal termination is murder in PCA, whenever you have abnormal termination, run RD on whatever module was open at the time as well as the system files.

Make sure you are backing up regularly, due to the fact that if RD cannot repair the data the only option is to restore your last good backup or roll the generation back and reclose.