PDA

View Full Version : A bogus company ID shows up in Selcet Co ID window

SteveD
08-31-2002, 05:14 PM
When I hit enter to select the non-existant company, I get an error message that says "Another user is currently adding this comapny to PCA. Can't access til finished." Of course, there's no other user even using PCA at the time.

How to best rid myself of this pesky ghost company? Thanks, hope this is an easy one. :)

Steve

chikamic
08-31-2002, 05:58 PM
Run Recover Data on your system files, if this does not work let me know and I will give you instructions on rebuilding the COMP.@@ file manually.

SteveD
08-31-2002, 09:31 PM
The recover of System files did not work , unfortunately. So, I'm ready to try tinkering with the COMP.@@ file, thank you.

Steve

chikamic
08-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Type the following commands at the program subdirectory level

C:\PCA>REN COMP.?@@ *.?99
C:\PCA>COPY COMPBAC.001 COMP.D@@
C:\PCA>REBUILD COMP.D@@

(COMPBAC.001 is the most current backup file). You can try this with COMPBAC.001 to 005

SteveD
09-03-2002, 04:07 PM
I tried the recommended procedure five times, and none of them worked. (I changed the extension on COMPBAC from 001 thru 005, as you mentioned. )

After rebuilding the file,
i get a message that "Data File rebuild complete (3750 bytes / 3 active records)." It also rebuilds the index file, comp.k@@.B1.

There should only be two active companies.
Any other suggestions ?
Thanks for your time.

chikamic
09-03-2002, 04:20 PM
Locate your PCA manual and follow the instructions for "Reloading Peachtree while keeping Company Information", this will create a new set of system files. If you have any PDQ procedures be sure to export them.