PDA

View Full Version : finance charges

hipychick
08-23-2001, 09:21 AM
I have begun to enter the initial data into Peachtree Accounting 2002- and I have run into a snag when it comes to applying finance charges. I have created recurring transactions on a monthly basis. But now that they are set up, and try to apply the finance charges, it gives me an error " date not in current range"? There is no range as far as I can see. Help!!!!

Diane Koers
08-27-2001, 10:07 PM
What accounting period are you in when you try to apply finance charges? What is your system date and what data appears on the finance charge screen?

hipychick
08-28-2001, 08:55 AM
Thanks for repying to my post. I believe that I am in the current period. As I am just beginning to set up the data, I am not exactly sure. I have set up recurring charges back to jan 1990 of $238 per month. The box which pops up when I go to "tasks" "finance charges" asks for a range of customers and a current date. A second box comes up that asks if I want a summary or detailed report and whether I want to apply the charges. I have tried several different dates and the only one that seems to have any effect is the 01-01-90, and it will not allow me to apply. Does this give you a better idea of the problem that I have? I must be forgetting something- but I am trying to follow the manual as closely as possible. Any help is appreciated.

DT

Diane Koers
08-28-2001, 12:14 PM
Are you sure you mean 1990? (11 years ago???).

Click on Options and make sure there is a check mark next to Status Bar. If there is....don't do anything but if there's not, click on Status Bar. The Status Bar at the bottom will tell you what period you are in. That's going to be very important especially if you ARE entering data for 1990. Let me know...