PDA

View Full Version : IQWin caused a GPF

chrismc
09-19-2002, 09:25 PM
When I attempt to run the following reports from IQ I get a GPF:

Customer YTD Purchases
Customer Code Listing
Customer Status Report

All of these are part of the Customer Balance view. I can run the same reports using the W.D Peachtree sample data without a problem, so I'm thinking the problem is in the data or view. Any ideas how to fix the data/view? We recently upgraded from V11 for DOS and this happens in both my test environment and the real world. Test evironment is a fresh install of Win2kPro/Office 2K all recent SPs and "band-aids". Machine is PIII 866 with 512MB Crucial SDRAM with a 40GB drive.

Exact Error:
IQWIN caused a General Protection Fault in module IQW.EXE at 0016:E0D7.

Thanks!
Chris

chikamic
09-19-2002, 10:08 PM
I am doing some research on this for you. I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

chrismc
09-28-2002, 05:28 PM
Any luck finding any info on this? My customer is getting impatient. Is there some way to re-index or rebuild a view? We haven't seen any problems with the data so I'm leaning toward the view.

Thanks!
Chris

chikamic
09-29-2002, 03:55 AM
I have not gotten a direct answer to the error.

chrismc
09-30-2002, 12:47 PM
I received the following response from Peachtree today. I'll be at the customer site tomorrow and will apply the patch and let you know the results. Thanks!

Chris
Chris,

Thank you for contacting Peachtree Customer Support.

There is a patch for the customer balance view that is needed only if you have just converted and not closed the generation. I'll send it under a direct e-mail.

You will need to unzip this file to your ardata directory and then from that directory at the dos level, type ARIQFIX or in Explorer, double click on that file name. Remember the two step process, unzip and then run the fix.

If additional assistance is needed outside of electronic support, please contact our support team and reference call id #####.

Thank you for choosing Peachtree Software!

chikamic
09-30-2002, 12:56 PM
Hi Chris,

I am glad you got an answer because I never did. Let us know if it works.

chrismc
10-01-2002, 11:04 AM
The patch worked. It consisted of a single batch file named ariqfix.bat. It's contents are:

REM Copy files to 8.3 name to get rid of short entries in directory
COPY AR??CSPV13.* AR??CSP.*
COPY AR??CSTV13.* AR??CST.*
COPY AR??SH2V13.* AR??SH2.*
COPY AR??SHPV13.* AR??SHP.*

REM Delete the original long files to clear the directory entries.
DEL AR??CSPV13.*
DEL AR??CSTV13.*
DEL AR??SH2V13.*
DEL AR??SHPV13.*

REM Copy files to long name to restore of short entries in directory
COPY AR??CST.* AR??CSTV13.*
COPY AR??CSP.* AR??CSPV13.*
COPY AR??SHP.* AR??SHPV13.*
COPY AR??SH2.* AR??SH2V13.*

REM Delete the 8.3 name to free up disk space
DEL AR??CSP.*
DEL AR??CST.*
DEL AR??SH2.*
DEL AR??SHP.*

I'm not sure I would recommend running this code unless you are experiencing the EXACT same problem. Since Peacthree provided the fix, I'm assuming others are having the same problem. It's also important to note the following from the PT reply:

"There is a patch for the customer balance view that is needed ONLY if you have just converted and not closed the generation."

I'm not sure if these means closing at the end of the month and creating the new generation fixes the problem by itself or not.

Thanks!
Chris