PDA

View Full Version : Error in Changing Accounting Periods

DRotonda
08-27-2001, 09:14 AM
I need help in figuring out why Peachtree will not let me change accounting periods. Our fiscal year ended 6/30 and I am now in August. The system sends back an error message that says"
WARNING: Period changed to 15 due to unposted journal entries there.

Although it says the period was changed to 15 it still reflects period 14 (july). I have no unposted entries.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks.

THANKS TO THE UNREGISTERED USER WHO RESPONDED!! YOU WERE RIGHT!! IT NOW WORKS! THANKS!!!

Unregistered
08-27-2001, 11:07 AM
I went through a situation like this last week. It won't be fun. Someone had two identical invoices to the same vendor. After paying both of them, she found the error and deleted one of the invoices. I could not pull up the check to delete. So I had to go back to the previous period delete the other check and then the two invoices and reposts before I could change periods. Bottom line...somewhere you have something unposted or posted twice.
Good luck!

Unregistered
08-27-2001, 04:04 PM
I can help you chang the accunting period.

Please send me an e-mail at paul@e-controller.com

Diane Koers
08-27-2001, 09:49 PM
Click on Maintain, Company Information and change your posting method to Batch Posting.

Then click on Tasks, System and Post (All Journals)

That should fix you up. Then go back to Maintain, Company Information and change your posting method back to Real Time.