PDA

View Full Version : Which Peachtree Will Work for Me?

montero43
08-28-2001, 11:45 AM
I run a floral wholesale and distribution business doing about $1.5 to $2M per year in sales. I've been limping along with Quickbooks but I want to move to something that's flexible enough to handle the types of business that we do. I've looked at PT Complete Accounting and PT 2000 but trying to figure out their respective benefits and applicability to my situation is just too confusing. My "wish list" includes:

POS: a point of sale module that can interface with a cash register and credit card reader.

Sales Order: I need to be able to take sales orders by telephone with appropriate customer purchase/credit history and current inventory information at hand.

Kitting: I need a bill of materials function that can handle basic assemblies. We make floral bouquets from standard recipes and I need the system to make appropriate adjustments to inventory based on production. I need units of measure that can run from a single stem, to a bunch, to a box. I need re-order reminders based on item usage.

Payroll: Must be solid and reliable. Ideally it would allow for a piecework pay rate as well as commissions.

Fixed Asset Management: Would like to have automated depreciation of fixed assets with monthly or quarterly posting to GL.

Bar Code Interface: This is not an absolute requirement but I would like the capability of using RF bar code readers to provide real-time information regarding the movement of prouct through our warehouse.

Delivery Routing: We do store-door delivery to a chain of supermarkets, as well as deliveries to retail florists. It would be a big plus if the software could create route sheets and pick lists.

Is this too much to expect from an off-the-shelf package like PT? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!