PDA

View Full Version : System Error 76

JPlute
09-30-2002, 12:46 PM
I am using Peachtree Classic 12.05 on a Windows XP machine. I am using the multi-user version.

It has been working just fine. All my workstations are able to access the data files, but I am unable to run Peachtree. It immediately gets a System Error 76.

On Friday afternoon I set up a new user in my machine and transferred all the admisitrator information to the new user. Now peachtree won't run. I have tried everything I can think of.

I must have done something wrong when I set up the new user.

Any ideas?

I do have Ver 13 to install--should I just do that?

Thanks

Judy Plute

chikamic
09-30-2002, 01:01 PM
First of all uninstall PCA. When you set up the new user, backup the system files from one of the machines that is already up. Install the program files on the new machine. Set up a company with the same two letter company id as the others.Restore the system files that you backed up, then go in and activate the modules, when you go to create the data files you should get the message that data files already exist do you want to create empty ones say NO. This will connect you to the existing data.

Make sure you back up you data before you upgrade in case you have any problems. Get the other workstation up and running before you upgrade.

JPlute
09-30-2002, 02:10 PM
I did uninstall PCA--I even went in and erased the who folder for PCA. I then reinstalled it and the same error came up. There is no way to restore a backup as I can't even get into Peachtree. The error appears before the date screen.

Any other thoughts?

chikamic
09-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Actually system error 76 is "invalid path or drive", is there anything strange going on with your install????

JPlute
09-30-2002, 02:21 PM
I don't use config.nt, but your comment made me look at something else. Windows XP does not run automatically run Autoexec.bat. I need this to run as it has the PCAData= command.

When I created my new user I forgot to add Autoexec.bat to my startup file.

Thanks so much--I had completely forgotten about that.

Judy