PDA

View Full Version : PDQ error codes 23, 13

hortmom
10-01-2002, 08:33 AM
I'm glad to have found this forum! Looks like there's a lot of great assistance to be had here...

I've got error codes 23 & 13 popping up when I try to access old generations of AR data.

Can anyone tell me what they are and how to fix them?
Thanks!

Baytek
10-01-2002, 11:16 AM
An Error 23 means PDQ is unable to acess the view that you have selected. The data dictionary has been damaged.

Restore the PDQ files from your most recent backup. Any procedures that you created since the backup will be lost.

An Error 13 means that PDQ is unable to access information you have asked for in the data dictionary.

Same solution as above.

For more information, email enduserssupport@baytek.com.

chikamic
10-01-2002, 06:09 PM
From a command prompt, change to the PCA directory and type DDINDEX and press enter. This reindexes the PDQ data dictionary. If this does not work then you will have to restore your last good back up , but 9 times out of 10 DDINDEX works.

hortmom
10-02-2002, 08:43 AM
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I restored the latest backup, and was able to save and run the procedure I'd written.

Followup question: What causes these data corruptions in the index?

A little background: I'm running v11 on a win98 network. The data is stored on a secondary hdd, and I usually write my reports from a station on the network. I seem to get error code 8 and its mate (28? can't think of it now) quite frequently. I end up re-indexing and then keying in lost procedures repeatedly, because I don't know if any of my backups might also be corrupt. Any ideas?