PDA

View Full Version : pca v13--no font size in IQ report writer design window

Baytek
10-01-2002, 11:11 AM
I have a client that has PCA 13. They are trying to print the Monthly Inventory Activity report (view: Inventory Items) on one page. We tried a different printer and we tried landscape--but that didn't work. I took her to the design window for the report (Output, report) and when she selects a field and then clicks on font, she can only change the bold, underline or italic. There is no changing the font or font size. She doesn't have the font or font size on the tool bar, either.

How can we get her font size changed?
How can we get the font size to be an option on the design window?

chrismc
10-01-2002, 05:40 PM
A few things I'd recommend.
1. Install the Letter Gothic Line font (condensed) that's on the PT CD. We had alot of problems trying to get reports that used to fit on a page to fit without using this font. Some reports still needed to be printed in landscape.
2. Once the font is installed, Open IQ from the main PT menu, select your view, and enter the generation. Then select Preferences - Default font. Here you can change the default font as well as the font size.
3. Enter the report you want to modify in report view. You should now see the report in the new font. You'll have to save the report when exiting to save the font change.
4. Yes you have to do this with ALL the reports that you wish to change the font for.

BTW - I can change the font from within the report designer. Not sure if that's due to the steps above or not. I can do this by using the dropdown list in the toolbar or right clicking an individual item in the report and selecting font.

Hope this helps.
Chris

chrismc
10-01-2002, 05:59 PM
After playing with this some more I was able to duplicate your post. To enable the font selection:
1. Open IQ from the main PT menu
2. Select your view and enter generation number
3. Select Preferences - Graphical Report (character report is selected by default I think)

You should now have the ability to change the font. I would still recommend changing the default to the Letter Gothic Line that came with PT with a size of 8.

Chris

Baytek
10-02-2002, 09:20 AM
Thanks, that did the trick!