PDA

View Full Version : Network Slowest using V13 and XP

jonboytoo
10-02-2002, 02:15 PM
The program runs fine on the server but workstation is slow opening the screens. Just peer to peer. I loaded sample company local the the workstation and it pops in and out to the screens ( menus). I've being told the program is running fine if the local data and programs work. Do I have a network issue?

jag
10-07-2002, 06:36 AM
Just a thought...

1) Disable Network or PC antivirus progs to see if you can pinpoint the problem (also any network monitoring, disk utilities programs can affect it).

2) Run something like Q-Check to check the integrity of your network (packet loss, ect.)

3) Check routers, hubs, switches, cables... ect.

All the workstations are having similar simptoms??

Hope it helps

lanaip
10-18-2002, 08:37 AM
with Windows 2000 Pro machine running slow....... did you ever solve this problem?

P.S.:
I did disable the anti-virus did not make any difference.

All the other workstations are running just fine.

jag
10-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Are you talking about the same version? not v11 or older?because in Windows 2000 (or XP in any case) to run v11 (or older) you need it to run in full screen (ALT+ENTER).

If that's your case... then read some of my old posts in order to look for the complete solution (I have posted it several times).

If that's not your case... then like I said: test the network (Peachtree is very sensible to data/packet loss) remove all unnecesary protocols (example: do not use NetBEUI and TCP/IP on the same machine, only TCP/IP... that will reduce a lot of the network overhead). If you have two network cards check the binding order (some people have network cards that they don't even know about like a firewire port... at least mine behaves as a port and a networking card).

Also I don't know what network configuration you have... but if you have server-client network there a lot of other things that can go wrong too (I think there's even a MS KB article on windows 2000 and/or xp on slowly accesing the server). In this case you should deactivate both antivirus too (server-client) or put all the Peachtree files on the exclude list.

All this are wild guesses... I don't know the specifics of your problem or maybe some one more experienced in PCA Classic v12-13 can help you little more.