PDA

View Full Version : Peactree2002

KSERV01
08-29-2001, 06:58 AM
Hi,

I am a current user of Peactree Ver 8. I am considering purchasing the Peachtree 2002 because it does have the crystal reports. Is this worth the purchase? I am a little disappointed in the reports that you have with the version 8.

Robert Walraven
08-29-2001, 07:22 AM
The update to V8 includes a trial version of Crystal Reports for Peachtree, so you can try it out without purchasing anything. However, prepare to be very disappointed. CRP, as I call it, is extremely difficult to understand and has limited capability. It is telling that Peachtree, who claims that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, only supplies 6 very simple sample reports with the product.

KSERV01
08-29-2001, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the info, do you know of any software I can purchase to design reports using the info in peachtree?

Thanks

Robert Walraven
08-29-2001, 09:24 AM
PawCom, which requires MS Access, exposes the entire Peachtree database in nicely structured tables and you can use the very powerful report design features in Access to design virtually any kind of report you want. You can find out more by clicking the banner at the top of this page.

The drawback to PawCom is that it requires familiarity with MS Access. We have just started work on an application that will pull all the information into MS Excel. This application will contain a number of pre-designed reports and a some familiarity with Excel is all you need to design your own custom reports. If you contact me at walraven@multiwareinc.com with information about the exact reports you are looking for, we'll see what we can do to build those in.