PDA

View Full Version : sytem error #75 v12

killk420
10-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Every time I go to post the payroll, it wants to delete a file. I say yes to this and then it gives me system error #75. Any advice. Tks. in advance.

chikamic
10-09-2002, 02:52 PM
What operating system are you using?

killk420
10-10-2002, 11:00 AM
win ME

chikamic
10-10-2002, 11:43 PM
my old friend jag says make sure that you have the PerVMFiles=255 in the [386Enh] section of the System.ini file

I have a client suffering this right now and I am at a loss.

killk420
10-11-2002, 09:03 AM
I will try that and if it does not work, then I think it is time to make the restore of the old data files (at least payroll) from before the occurance of the error message. I will post back.

killk420
10-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Did not work. And Backup is no good. Need help, my customer needs to pay their employees. I would like to upgrade to Windows Based version, but they will have to close out the period first and they cannot do that because of the stupid error messages. UGHGH.

killk420
10-11-2002, 03:45 PM
After the upgrade (First Accounting - windows), I am now finding that the payroll function is having problems because I have not installed the payroll tax updates. Also, found out that the Dos V12 didn't have them either and that they are still waiting for the disk. Anywho, error 75 must mean no tax updates and if you call support for the answer, they will charge you to have them tell you that you need the tax tables updates.

jag
10-13-2002, 06:38 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble understanding your problem (I don't really think that the error could mean that you don't have the tax tables). What version of PCA you are using and what exactly are you trying to do? Have you performed a backup/restore recently??? Are you sure that all of your enviromental variables are ok?

In any case, you should go to the peachtree knowledge center and look for several articles that describes situtations that are similar... but since I don't know what you are trying to do exactly I can't help you further. For example, ArticleID#138 cover exactly the reason why you are asked to overwrite/delete a file... but if that's correct you are probably leaving out a small detail: you have restored from a backup recently.

Hope it helps,