PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to PT2000 from PT Complete 8.0 for inventory reason

snoopygohome
08-30-2001, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I'm considering to upgrade to Peachtree 2000 version 6.0 from Peachtree Complete Accounting 8.0 and I'm wondering if this is possible at all as I want to convert all the existing data. Can anyone advise on this?

The reason I'm upgrading is because I need to differentiate my inventory between various locations and I can't seem to find a way to work around Peachtree Complete 8.0 to accomplish this task. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? If so, it could save me the trouble of having to upgrade to PT2000 if it is even possible at all.

Thanks!

Robert Walraven
08-30-2001, 11:00 PM
Could you describe exactly what you are trying to do with inventory locations? If you could come up with a solid specification for what you need to do I could probably throw together an add-on for a fraction of what P2000 would cost you.

snoopygohome
09-04-2001, 11:35 AM
Hi Robert,

Well, basically, we have a manufacturer making food products for us. Easy enough for inventory but the thing is that the manufacturer makes the food products partially using customer supplied materials paid by us. Therefore, when we get an invoice from the manufacturer, I have to enter, say, 105 cases of the food product at $25.30 each, $25.30 being the unit case cost manually calculated, and I have to minus out the customer supplied materials cost we paid for and inventoried in Peachtree in the same purchase/receive inventory screen. I thought there might be an easier way around this. I also thought there might be a way to calculate final unit case cost in Peachtree instead of calculating it manually as we do so now. I have dim hopes but any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

Robert Walraven
09-06-2001, 07:27 AM
Let's see if I've got this straight: your manufacturer makes 105 cases of food product, which you bill to the customer. This food product uses some material from stock and some supplied by the customer. You have an assembly for the food product that prices the product at $25.30 per case. You want to adjust inventory for the materials you actually used from stock and not include adjustments for the customer supplied components.

If this is correct, I'm not clear on what the calculation is that you have to do. Can you explain further?