PDA

View Full Version : DOS 13 - Check alignment - dot matrix

augrad
10-18-2002, 08:23 AM
Using Okidata ML590, Page = C, Direct = N. Set custom page size to 850 by 650.

Problem: stub data is printing too low and appears on check below perf.

Any suggestions?

scrow
10-18-2002, 12:46 PM
I did everything I knew to do and even got technical support during our short 30 day period and never was able to get my new Okidata 590 to print correctly. I have since purchased laser checks and started fresh. They don't line up great but you don't have to hand feed every one of them!

augrad
10-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Scrow...
Thanks for your response.

I discussed with PT Support they said, for VER 13, the only tested Dot matrix printers were the Epson LQ 570E and the microline 320 Turbo. Looks like there is not much help on other models.

I like the idea of laser or inkjet printer as an alternative.

jag
10-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Just so you know:

Since V13 is really a windows porgram, it might be helpful to know that you can print to the Oki590 with the 320 driver... that might be an alternative (trick peachtree into thinking that it's a 320).

Peachtree always has this things with printers... why don't use the printer API correctly... imagine that Microsoft told you that Office XP was only tested with a HP laserjet 6 !!!

Hope this helps,

scrow
10-20-2002, 04:05 PM
I tried the 320 Oki but had no luck...in fact, it was even worse! I am getting ready to retire my brand new Okidata (the last 590 made it 9 years before dying) but see no reason for it to take up space. I hope PT reads some of our posts to know that support is really lacking this time!

joelsol
10-24-2002, 07:30 PM
Epson LQ-570+ here and having problems printing checks. Support told me that v.13 does not like dot matrix printers in general. I can vouch for that! First 2 A/P checks print ok, then skips some extra lines before printing the next. Also having problems printing shipping labels. Prints 3 then skips half page down and continues printing but in the wrong place on our preprinted labels! UGH!!!!!!

chrismc
10-24-2002, 07:58 PM
"Since V13 is really a windows porgram"

Haa!!

You've obviously not used it. It is most certainly NOT a windows applicaton. Instead it is the same old DOS program with a windows shell on top of it. I've read many of your posts and respect the support you've given this newgroup, but I didn't want the other users to actually believe that is was an windows program. Peachtree would like you to believe that it's a windows program, and that it uses windows printing, but in fact it is not.

Chris

jag
10-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Chris,

I appreciate your comment...because this gives me a chance of rephrase what I said. Maybe my previous statement was a little bit misleading:

The programming behind the v12 and v13 is really based in win16/32 dll's and stuff. Unlike the previous this program does not run under dos protected mode... which is the way I define a dos program. The look and feel are two different things to talk about. Think about rewriting and compiling an old basic, fortran, ect. program into VB or C++ and instead of using your own propietary subrutines for everything you use windows' supplied APIs to do the usual tasks for you (which is the usual thing to do).

But I agree in part with you... Peachtree did a very poor job at putting this together... and it certainly it does not feel and act like a windows program... but I think that was the way they (and we) wanted... if someone wants a nice windows version they can always go with PCAW.

If someone interpreted what I said about v12-13 being a windows program in the sense that it was designed to be as attractive/appealing as a win app (with all the little cute buttons and the drop down menus, ect.) my sincere apologies... I only intented to point out the fact on how the program was compiled.

And just in case someone asks... Btrieve is another different story (I really don't know how they use it... since they use the same versions for DOS, Classic, PCAW and *I think* even PT2000).

chikamic
10-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Everyone must understand that Peachtree is attempting to preserve the modular structure that you all enjoy and that is not present in the windows product.

I understand the frustrations that are being voiced but remind all that PCA is still the best modular product out there for the money.