PDA

View Full Version : V13 users: How is it going? Considering update.

georgeseq
10-19-2002, 03:17 PM
We are currently using V11 and is has been plugging along just fine. Currently considering update: how has V12/V13 transition been? Has it been a worthwhile upgrade? Stable? Speed? New features useful? What new features do you find most useful??
Thank you in advance!
George Morrison
Columbus, Ohio
V11
Windows XP Pro 5 users.

jonboytoo
10-23-2002, 09:12 AM
If you are running Version 11 and not using the Payroll. Stay with the version 11. XP has Slowest Issues with version 13. And i mean SLOOOW. I know Peachtree is not going to continue the support on version 11 but they said If you buy a contract now they will support it until the contract expires. I wish we would have done that!!!!

chrismc
10-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Printing is awful. Let me say that again - printing is AWFUL. Just spend a little time reading posts in this forum and you'll get an idea of the issues you'll face (check alignment, slow printing, crashes, etc). PDQ's replacement IQ is very picky about the printer it will print to. It also changes all date formats in all reports to 4 digit years. While this may not be a problem for you, if you have many custom reports (as we did) that use the entire page width, your going to have a lot of overtype and/or reports that print on multiple pages (wide). Matter of fact the default reports suffer from this same problem. It can't be turned off globally, each individual instance much be changed in each report which is a royal pain in the a_ _ . There's a lot of commands used in PDQ that are no longer supported in IQ, so if you have custom reports you may have to reprogram them. The upgrade process is VERY slow if you have a lot of data. My customer had way too much data (over 1 gig) and it took about 16 hours to update the databases. This was on a Dual 1 ghz server with SCSI hard drives and a gig of RAM which had no users on it during the upgrade. Personally if I had to do it again, I wouldn't. Matter of fact I'd probably look toward Great Plains and get away from Peachtree completely.

Chris

chikamic
10-25-2002, 10:44 PM
There is a clean conversion between PCA and BusinessWorks (also a Best product), check it out at www.bestsoftware.com. I suspect that PCA is on its last legs as Best is pushing to move PCA customers to BusinessWorks.

JackH
10-31-2002, 07:15 AM
This is one of the worst software upgrades I have ever done. V11 was running just fine and I fell VICTIM to the marketing hype from PeachTree.

The printing issues are just awfull and there are no features worth the price of the upgrade. This software is so bad that it is the first time in 7 years that I have considered getting a support contract.

I think it is time to look for a new accounting software vendor.

Jack

chikamic
10-31-2002, 07:18 AM
Jack,

I have had several clients go back to v11, did you retain a backup of your v11 data, if so I can instruct you on how to go back.

Georgeand
01-20-2003, 10:34 AM
I have PCA Version 11 on all the work stations (8) and Version 12 on mine. We all share data and there have not been any problems. I did buy Version 13 and put it on my machine and found that the Data path was different so any changes I made did not go the the P:\PCA that everyone else uses on the sever. I took it off and I am back with Version 12.