PDA

View Full Version : No forms to print error

mrselise
08-31-2001, 11:23 AM
I am using complete version 8.0. I needed to design my own quote form. I did it correctly and it printed on paper and looked great! But, I need to be able to fax the quotes to our prospective clients. So.. I went to the reports, then to the costumer quotes, then went to the one I had designed. When I go into the filter area to change the printer to my winfax I get "no forms to print" I have changed the settings. I made the ranges "all" made sure the date was set for after the forms were posted and I started with quote #000. I still get "no forms to print" I have played with different settings and still get the same error message. I have also tried differnt forms including the default forms and still get the same error message. We are most likely lost a job because of this.. so I REALLY need help :)
Thanks so much! Elise

Robert Walraven
09-01-2001, 05:55 AM
Have you considered buying a cheap fax machine and sending a printed quote?

mrselise
09-01-2001, 09:06 AM
Of course that was one of the quick fix things... but
I want to learn what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. It's important for me to know the program well and be able to use it. I am the back bones of this company, I want to be able t fix things :)

THanks for your suggestion tho, I am just hoping we dont have to go that route! :) :) :)

Diane Koers
09-01-2001, 03:28 PM
Did you preassign the number? If the quote (or any form) has a number in the Quote # box and you post it, then go into reports to print it, PT thinks it's already been printed.

Optionally, print the form from the quote window. Printing from there, PT doesn't care whether the # has been preassigned or not.

mrselise
09-02-2001, 01:36 PM
Okay It looked correct when I did as you suggested.. Now
what if I have already saved it and I need to fax it after that? If the costumer wants another fax etc... But what happends if it already has been given a number? Can you take the number out? Or do I need to make a new one?

Elise

Diane Koers
09-03-2001, 07:21 AM
To reprint a transaction, pull it up under the Edit menu, then click on Print. You won't need to remove the number. It will then ask you which form you want to print and you can proceed from there. It will print only the quote etc that you have pulled up under edit.