PDA

View Full Version : Townhouse Billing

jplaub
09-01-2001, 06:50 AM
I am trying to use Peachtree Acctg 2002 for a townhouse accounting operation. I must bill each owner the same amount each month. Can I use PA2002 for this? I have used ACCPAC for years and it worked fine, except it is a DOS program. I amhoping to use PA2002. Now I simply enter a command and all owners are bill their monthly fee (all the same fee). I sure hope I can use Peachtree for this.
Joseph

Diane Koers
09-01-2001, 03:30 PM
Yes, you can create recurring entries in PT. You can recur them up to the 24 months that PT holds open. For example, assuming you are on a January - December fiscal year, if you set them up now, in September which is period 9, you can recur them for 16 months which would be Sept-Dec of this year and all of next year.

jplaub
09-02-2001, 06:19 AM
1) Must I enter a recurring transaction for each of the 78 owners?
2) When I want to execute (use) the transaction to enter the monthly charge can I process all 78 at one time?
3) when I try to enter a charge (sale?) to an owner I am asked for the accounts receivable account. I enter my AR account and that is as far as I can get.

TIA

Joseph

Diane Koers
09-03-2001, 07:25 AM
1) Yes
2) You don't have to do anything. PT does the transaction for you.
3) When you say "I enter my AR account and that is as far as I can get", what do you mean? What happens? Do you get an error message? if so, what is the message?

Unregistered
09-03-2001, 10:36 AM
I think you should take a look at Quickbooks (a windows program). It sounds like you the transactions you perform every month are low end and more suited to a simpler and easier program than Peachtree. Good luck.

Unregistered
09-03-2001, 11:55 AM
No, I do not get an error message. The screen remains the same, as if I were doing maintenance on the account. I see no options other than doing maintenance on the AR account.

Joseph

Diane Koers
09-04-2001, 12:30 PM
More questions...

Did you click on Save? If so, what happens when you click on Save? What does it say at the top of the open window or dialog box? Are you in the Sales/Invoicing screen?

Do you have more than one A/R account? If not, you should not have to change the A/R account on the Sales/Invoicing screen.

If you want to...send me a screen shot. Press PRINTSCREEN key, go start Word or WordPad or some similar program. Click on Edit, Paste. This will paste a picture of your screen. Save the file and email it to me at dkoers@home.com